Chapter 53

Raidyn

Ever since the attack on the kingdom I've had much to think about. Cynric was always like a problem I couldn't solve and wasn't even allowed to try, but now things have changed and a full on war is going to begin. I have been thinking tactics since I saw the first tear and drop of blood escape Byrd at the barbershop. I feel more than determined to fight back despite the three days that have passed since. I have been by Byrd's side as much as I possibly could be so I haven't made any moves other than to rebuild my kingdom first; it helped to have the other royals there for support, none of them know how much it means to me. In war, both the Western and Eastern Kingdoms will be aligned with us. The North is unpredictable and a possible swing, the North might possibly remain neutral since all it's ever had is problems and chaos for the past Gods know how many years. Gods, I can't help but feel mad and bloodthirsty everytime I see Byrd get herself worked up and crying again in bed about the loss of our third son. I am out for vengeance and Cynric better beware.

Today Byrd shooed me out of the room to actually get some work done, my court keeps nagging me to come back and finally Byrd overheard Jax and I this morning discussing my absence and kicked me out. I know I am the king, but she is my queen. With a sigh and a leveling of my crown I walk down the corridor where a dark-haired figure is caught making out with another blocked from me, probably Flora and Bren and their antics.

"Get a room will you!" I call out teasingly.

The dark-haired, or rather raven-haired figured turned around to reveal its true identity; Raven. Raven blushes and pushes Duck's chest away from her, "oh! Sorry. Uh-" she stumbles. I should've seen the public display of affection coming since Byrd did tell me that Raven has made up her mind and willing to tell both men her decision. I guess Duck was who she's chosen, although I must admit that I am shocked, I always thought it would be Cal.

I feel my own cheeks heat up and swat it away with a hand and speed walk turning down a different corridor. I couldn't believe I mistaken my own sister with Flora. Gods, help me. Both of their hair is so long now that from afar they... I shake my head and continue on until I reach the board room. I take my seat at the head of the table and everyone sits.

"I apologize for my absence, but I have returned now. I am sure you've all heard about our tragic incident so the queen will not be joining in today. Let's get on with business though, shall we?" I clasp my hands together and they all sit in their chairs.

"Cynric's attack has left our people angry. There buildings were completely destroyed and there was an estimated twenty casualties." Jax states. "We need to know our next move again the Southern King."

"Have we finished the cleanup?" I look at him and raise my chin.

"We have workers on the problem and also volunteers. They are more than halfway done."

"That's great news, we may able to recruit more from the West and the East if need be. I am going to make the war official, that is my next big step, but first I would like to make all the alliances I can."

"That sounds like a splendid plan, Your Majesty. I can contact General Aslo and Finn about their armies." Jax nods his head. "We will need all the help we can get, Cynric's army is strong, but if we have the element of more people on our side we can win this."

"James, I need you to spy on Cynric and find out everything you can." I look over to his seat.

"Yes, Majesty. I will prepare for my travels tonight and leave in the morning." James states.

"Thank you, James. Guinevere, I need you and your colleagues to spread out and make our relations with all other kingdoms as good as possible, besides the Lost Kingdom of course."