Chapter 59

Raidyn

All the royals left the kingdom following the chaos of the murder. Rosie's death and Byrd's decision to do the thing I deem right have thrown me into feeling a little off. Things just don't feel 'in place.'

It has been a week since Raven and Cal's wedding and in another week the scholar convention takes place. Jax returns to work today on his own decision to, I think he is finally at the angry stage of his grief. We don't talk much, but I don't think there is much either of us could say- Jax is short with me for a reason and I think it's because he knows that I know of how things were with Rosie before she passed.

"All set up for the conference, Duckman?" I mosey on into the library where Duck is reading a book.

Duck looks up and me and smiles. "King Raidyn." He closes his book. "Yes, everything is coming together nicely. I'm just catching up on a few prophecies."

"Typical." I smile and laugh. "I figured that you would be on top of your game and prepared in advance. Did Petunia give you any problems? Or drive you crazy?"

Duck chuckles. "She was crazy, but a pleasant distraction."

"Well, I bet she was somewhat subdued since she had the wedding and this planning going on around the same time. I-uh, actually, I wanted to talk to you about that too." I take a seat at the wooden table across from him.

"Go on." He leans back in his chair and gives me his full attention.

"Raven is married now and I know she still hangs out here, when you move on that won't be a problem, right? I am sorry to pry, but I don't know where things landed with you two."

Duck puts on what I know is a fake smile. "Raven and I are perfectly fine. She has her husband and she is expecting and me, I have found comfort in various woman who hang out in the pubs."

I curl in my lips and try not grin. "Oh, I've been there before. So when Raven hangs out here, you have no problem? You two are still friends, or you just led her to believe it doesn't pain you?"

"I didn't lead her to believe anything, King. Of course it pains me, there's nothing I can do about that. Raven made her choice, I still love her and care about her, this library was our home, our solace. I don't care that she comes in here, it doesn't bother me at all."

"I am glad you look at it that way, I was hoping that you would say that. I know you have a bunch of friends coming here and some even lodging in the castle- this is your home as well as mine and I know you would never try to do this, but please don't get a little too drunk and maliciously go taunting Raven."

"Never, I am gentlemen, Your Majesty." He smirks. "I will stick to my pub gals."

"So you aren't into scholarly-women?" I raise my eyebrows surprised.

"Right now a female body is all I need." He stretches his arms. "I'm not looking for an intellectual conversation."

"Who are you?" I joke, but I really am not joking to an extent.

"A man who had his heart broken." Duck sighs. "Alcohol is a great way to help forget." He smiles.

"I think we should get you ready to date again in time for your convention. We should find you a nice little bookworm and make you a happy man again. Raven is happy with Cal, you deserve it too."

"Maybe I'll meet the actual love of my life next week." He keeps his same smiling composure.

"Don't give me that look and feed me what I want to hear, you will get over Raven in time. Raven still feels for you, I'm sure. Feelings don't go away so quickly and she was going to marry you had she not been pregnant...she just has someone else and you could too."