Chapter 2 - Missing Pieces

Jay's POV:

My mind is cloudy, cloudy with mixed emotions and thoughts I can't quite comprehend.

I don't get it, one second, I thought everything was alright, but now...it only got worse.

If you don't know what I'm talking about,

It's this:

Liam.

He was alive and well one second, now he's gone. Gone forever. I don't know where I am, but I don't care either. Just as long as I'm away from that company and Walker. As long as I know I'm safe, and I know everything's gonna be alright, then I'm, satisfied.

But I'm not, there's still too much on my mind to find closure. I thought that this wretched event would be over soon, but only to find out that it's continuing. It's proceeding with every second of the day. It seems like everyday that passes, I'm reliving the pain of the past and the present.

The newly learned information haunts me in my dreams. It toys with my memories and manipulates my mind. Now, it's like I don't know what's true and what's a cold lie. I don't know what to believe anymore.

I slowly, carefully opened my eyes, which fluttered shut immediately after because of the bright lights that flooded the room. I try again. And again. And again. Each time, the same routine repeated. Finally, after maybe about the tenth try, I was able to get my eyes open...and keep them open.

I took in the surroundings. A room. Walls painted in a light baby blue color that reminded me so much of the extravagant sky that was set overhead everyday of every month. Of every year.

There was a large window with a vent directly under it, blowing cold air into the already freezing, bone-chilling room. The drapes that hung on the gold bar swayed back and forth in the breeze the vent blew at a low speed.

I watched it. My eyes were practically glued.

Back and Forth,

Back and Forth.

It was the same pattern, but different every time, like my life.

It's calm at first, then rough. Calm then rough.

And I hate it.

I wish so desperately just to escape it. To run away from it, again. All what I want to be is the Scarlett Davis I was made out to be, not the delinquent, murderer, psycho, Jay Newman as I am right now. I want a new life, a new beginning.

My body jumped when someone entered the room that reminded me of an emergency room. But the more I scanned it, the more I believed my assumptions...and partly because I'm laying in a hospital bed with a white rest band lossless dangling from my skinny, pale wrists.

"Excellent!," a person spoke with a light, joyful voice. The female walked into the room further, her hair pulled back into a tight ponytail and her high cheekbones on display. No doubt was she beautiful. She reminded me of Jo-Je, I don't know why thought. "You're awake!" She joyfully said,her eyes lighting up with sudden excitement.

But I stayed unfazed, untouched, non-commutative.

"I'm Dr. Stanley, just to let you know. I've been here helping you get through your trauma."

"What trauma?"

"Brain trauma. But before we go into detail, will you please look at me for a second." I do as she instructed, but when I do, my eyes are met with an unpleasant surprise of a bright light being shinned directly into my lift iris, then my right. "Everything seems to be alright...so far."