Chapter 10 - All Because Of You

Keith's POV

It was high noon and the sun was at it's highest peak, glimmering down on us in the parking lot. Will stood with a certain ten sixty in his posture, Thomas, with his hand curled in fists, ready to spring into action when he needed - but it wasn't - to. I on the other hand, am thinking about how to speak my thoughts. I don't know where to start, what to say. I still don't completely trust Bennett, and I am never going to, but something in my mind is telling me to try. Try and figure out why it is now that he decided to be apologetic and friendly, not then a long time ago when the chance to change his mind on what he was doing to Jay: hurting her.

We stood in silence, but it was short lived when I finally figured out what to say, "Do you want to go up, so we can actually talk in peace, and not here?"

Bennett nodded, his buddies were gonna follow, but he put his hand up signaling for them not to (which they didn't). Instead, they all piled into the expensive looking mustang, and left. It only took seconds until they were out of sight and on the highway going elsewhere.

When the words left my mouth, Will gave me the look of 'are you insane?!' And quite frankly, I asked myself the same question. Us four - Thomas, Will, Bennett, and I - started striding to the front doors of the up kept apartment building, but Will abruptly stopped in the middle of his step, harshly grabbing hold of my forearm again like he did earlier when I let my rage free.

"Wait a second Keith," I spoke in a hushed tone, but raised his voice again, "You two head up. We'll be right there."

Bennett nodded an 'okay' and Thomas gave the most dirtiest look seen, obviously not wanting to be alone with him, honestly it was kind of funny, I had to hold in a laugh that was fighting to escape my mouth.

"Whats wrong?"

"What the heck is wrong with you?" His tone was heavily weighted with determination and force.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard what I said, what the heck is wrong with you?" He repeated.

"What do you mean?" I question, confusion clear in my tone.

Will runs a hand through his blonde hair, tugging at it in frustration, at me. "This!" he angrily says, throwing his hand in the direction of Bennett and Thomas. "Are you crazy or something? You just punched the guy and now you're inviting him in like you're gonna go have tea?! What the heck is wrong with your mind!"

"Calm down! I want to see what he wants," I explain, staring down at him.

"Sure,"

"I'm telling the truth. Don't you think its strange that all of a sudden he just miraculously decides to show up here and apologize for all of his wrongs?" He stopped to think, his eyes flickering down to the parent then back at me.

"I guess." He let out a defeated sigh, "come on, lets go before Thomas does anything stupid."

"Uh, like what?"

"I think you already know."

"Oh..."

"Yeah, come on." he turns his back to me, pacing to catch up with the others.

***

I haven't been here in what felt like years though it was only a month. Everything was the same, the clean kitchen, the walls, the nice, dust-free living area. All the same, like nothing ever happened. From behind me, the door slammed shut, leaving the apartment quiet, you could hear a pin drop, that's how silent it was. It turned awkward real quick, the air is tense and thick with mixed emotions. But I got sick of it real fast, deciding to break the tension and start my asking of questions.

"Why did you come back now?"

There was a short silence
"Because..." he let out a breath, "believe it or not, I was worried. I hadn't seen Jay for a while so I thought that it was something that I had done, so, I came here only to find your car gone, Will. I kept coming here, awaiting a visit from you or her," he turned his attention to Will, "but you never came. That's when I heard about the horrible car accident that happened... and I thought that it involved you or something. But then when they released the information to who it was, I was shocked."

Memories of what happened flooded my mind, taking over my thoughts. Images of Adam flew in my brain, taunting me, tampering with the dead set memories I had of him. He's gone forever now. My brother, he's gone. And I hated it.

"So...that's why you apologized, because you finally realized that what you were doing was wrong?" Thomas spat, sarcasm imbedded in his dark tone. He stood up and walked out of the kitchen where he was previously leaning against the counters. "You decided that now was the best time to come and apologize?"

Bennett's eyes flickered down, guilt clear in his expression.

"You do realize that you ruined her, right? You made her miserable for months, she didn't want to eat. You actually made her believe all the things you would call her, murderer, psycho, insane. She believed all of it and bat herself up for it! Everyday, she would come here, soaked with tears, caused by you and she would scream and yell for it all to stop. She was drowning in her own pain and tears, all because of you. Do you realize that?"

Bennett's eyes clouded over with sorrow and pain, because of what he did.

So I guess that's why she looked so pale and skinny when I came back...

Because he made her starve herself,

Oh, he's surly gonna have to plea for Jay's forgiveness, which I highly doubt he will never get.

He doesn't deserve it.

Not at all.