Chapter 6 - Crashing Down

"When you get out of here in a few weeks, you know what we're gonna have to do, right?"

   I bob my head up in down, not really thinking twice about what Jo-Je is telling me, because whats coming out of her mouth is something I don't want to do, it's something I've never wanted to do.

   "Keith, I know you're hurt, please...talk to me."

   "I rather not."

   "You can't hide your pain forever, the only way to get over it is-"

   "Is to talk about it and get it over with, I know I know. Please, I'm really not in the mood for this." I exclaim, but Jo-Je ignores it and continues on talking.

   "What day would you like to do it on?"

   "Jo-Je," I give her a look, rolling my eyes.

   "What, this is serious."

   "I know, but please. I just got over the pain, please don't bring it back."

   She lets out a soft sigh, "alright, but when you are healed, we need to plan it." She stands up and walks toward to doors but stops before completely disappearing behind the wall, "I was never a fan of funerals, Keith, but it's something we must do. He'd be happy if we did."

   I stare down at my hands that are clasped together in my lap. I hate funerals, the coffin, the tears, the glory clouds, it's just hard.

   ***

   Thunder rumbled faintly off in the distance, the sky lighting up a few seconds later, then another loud crash. It's been raining for the past four hours and it wasn't gonna clear up anytime soon. The rain came charging down on top of the roof like pounding fists, fighting to break through. My eyes flickered over to the clock that was set on the window sill.

   11:37 PM.

   It was only two hours ago that I had the discussion with Jo-Je. The discussion about my brother and his...funeral.

   I cursed whoever it was that hit us, but I have a certain feeling boiling inside me that it has to do with Walker and The Shadow Men. I knew deep inside that it was something with them. Liam was just about to tell me the traitor's name, then a miraculous car comes out of nowhere? We were the only ones on the road!

  I've learned one thing, one very important thing over my years spent with Walker: never trust him.

   He's known for lying about things, and when I ask him about this and I reciveve the defying answer of 'no', I'll know that he's lying, trying to cover it up in every way possible. He's responsible for the death of Adam, and he's going to pay, either it's with his life or his helper, I don't care, all I want is revenge and when I get out of this bed, that's what I'm gonna get. 

   I was suddenly interrupted when a blonde haired girl came into my room.

   "You alright?"

   "Yeah, just thinking."

   "About?"

   "Adam."

   "Oh, is there anything I can do to help you?" Jay asks.

   "No, not really. I just...Jo-Je came in here today and asked me about the funeral."

   I saw her visibly gulp, "oh, did you t-talk about it?"

   "No," was my blunt answer.

   She nodded and taken by her expression, I could tell that she saw that I didn't want to talk about it any further.

   "How're you feeling?" Jay questions while striding over to me and sitting, taking my cold hand in her gently.

   "Better now that you're here," a lazy smile tugs at my lips.

   She returns it, and stays silent, letting the minutes pass by quietly while we thought about our own thoughts and emotions; but it was short due to Jay's voice quietly speaking.

   "Can I ask you something?"

   "Of course," I readjusted my body so that Jay was in my line of sight, so i could see her perfectly now.

   "H-how did Walker know where we were?"

   I tensed.

   "I-um-," I swallowed hard, "I don't know."

   I mentally kicked myself.

   I lied again, I just freaking lied to her again!

   "Oh, okay. I was just asking because I thought it was strange he knew where we were, that's all," she stood up, "well, I better let you rest so you can heal, and so I don't get in trouble again."

   "Wait, please stay," I held my hand out to try to grab her wrist, but fell short a few inches.

   I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding in, "I know why he knew w-where we were, where you were."

   She gave me a curious glance and turned so her body was facing me, waiting for me to proceed, her eye clouded over with an unreadable feeling of emotion.

   "One night when I was in Florida, I got a call from him, stating that I meet him somewhere," my body was trembling. This might be the moment when everything goes downhill yet again. "I went where he told me, and he...he threatened me...with Sandra."

  Jay tensed.

   "He said that if I didn't tell him where you were hiding, he...he'd shoot her," My voice broke at the end. "He said that I wouldn't get to see her again, because she'd be dead. Jay, I'm so sorry for telling him where you were...but I couldn't lose her, she's my mother. And I know you wont understand because of what I did to yours." A single traitor tear rolled off her cheek and onto her blue hospital gown, the tear leaving an oval shaped stain on the fabric.

   "W-why didn't you just lie about it? You seem to be really g-good at that," her lip quivered.

   A sudden pain erupted in my chest at her words.

   "Jay, I couldn't. He'd know I'd lied. He's smart about things, and I couldn't tell him false information. I'm sorry, I had to expose you."

   "I don't know if I can believe you," she took small steps backwards, towards the threshold, towards the door. "W-Walker told me that you threatened your mom, that he tried to stop you from shooting her, because she meant so much to him, but you still held her at point."

"That's a lie!" I harshly yelled, and loudly. Jay flinched and backed into the wall.

"I-I don't know what to believe anymore," she then bolded out of the room, leaving me there a mess. Leaving me in my own emotions that are caving in, ready to swallow me whole.

A hot, fresh tear scurries out of my eye, and others follow.

Once again, when I thought everything was alright, it all just had to come crashing down to my feet.

The same three words keep repeating in my mind, over and over agin in a never ending cycle.

Never Trust Walker.

__________