Chapter 24 - Forgive & Forget

"He said that he'd be here in an hour." Will bluntly states, harshly placing his phone down on the countertop. I'm quietly eating my cereal behind the counter, across from an angry Will who takes a seat at a bar stool and placing his head in his hands. I could tell he was trying hard not to yell.

   Will hated Bennett as much as I did and when Keith told him what we were about to do today, he almost blew the roof in rage and disagreement.

   "I still don't understand why you agreed to do this," he finally says after a long five minutes of complete silence.

   "Trust me when I say this, I don't want to forgive him, he quite frankly doesn't deserve it," I truthfully tell him.

   "True that!" Will shouts, and I just nod, taking another spoonful of Frosted Flakes in my mouth.

   "True what?" his booming voice startles me as he walks in. he's sporting dark denim jeans and a white button-up shirt with the sleeves rolled to his elbows. I stare for a little to long, not meaning to, but my attention is grabbed when he walks close to me and pecks me.

   "No, none of that while I'm here!" Will states in a serious tone, making me laugh.

   "You're just jealous." Keith sneers playfully.

   "Trust me, I'm not."

  Keith jokingly rolls his eyes and changes the subject, "so, what did Bennett say?"

  "He's gonna be here in an hour," I tell him, recalling back what Will had said earlier.

  "Oh and when he gets here, I'm leaving just to let you know. I can't stand being in the same room as him. He makes me like a ticking time bomb, it's only a matter of seconds before I explode on him."

   I let out a loud laugh and lose my footing. Keith lets out a sweet chuckle and catches me before I meet the ground.

   "I'm serious! I can't stand that guy! He drives me insane!" Will deadpans.

   "Yes, Will, we know. We get the point." Keith says, while striding over to the fridge and grabbing a bottled water.

  "Just making sure."

  "Whatever."

   "Well, I'm gonna leave you two to bicker about pointless things, so...I'm going to go get ready. I bid you a due." I pad back to my room, quickly opening the cloth set door and searching for something to wear, which isn't hard since Keith and I went shopping last month...when all of that happened.

  Move on Scarlett, I tell myself.

  I find a pair of light shorts and a plain black T-shirt and head to the bathroom, turning on the shower and stripping down. The water feels soothing on my skin, making my tense muscles relax. My blonde hair is soaked, water droplets falling from the ends of the wet, clumpy strands. I lather up the shampoo and later the conditioner, rinsing out every last drop of the soap and turning the sterling silver faucet off.

   I wrap myself in a soft, cloud-like white towel and dry off completely; grabbing an additional towel and wrap my hair in it. I quickly get dressed and in a matter of minutes, I'm all dressed. leaving my hair to air dry, I step into the bathroom and stare at my reflection.

  I seem...different. I'm not like the sixteen year old girl you would find at a lonesome house cleaning while every other person went out. No, I was way different. though I'm only seventeen now, I just feel different. I've changed in ways, and I'm glad that I did. A lot of events have happened, some good and some bad, but today is the day when I will forgive the one person I thought I would never be able to forgive.

   Today is when I will move on and live in the present and not dwell on the past and what I could have changed, knowing the things I know now. There is one thing that I'm going to do today, and nothing's going to stop me from hitting that goal to forgive and forget.

   Once I forgive Bennett, I will try hard to forget everything and I hopefully will never have to see him more than I have to. I'm not willing for him to break me again, he has pushed me off edge and I'm not willing to let him do it again. Once he's gone, I'll only have one problem - one main problem - and thats no other than Walker.

   A sudden knock on the bedroom door jars me from my thoughts, and I'm glad it did.

  "Hey, you ready?" Keith says, the door muffling his tone.

  "Yeah, I'll be there in a second," taking one last look at myself, I walk to the door and turn the knob.

  "here goes nothing"

_________