Chapter 19 - Confession

I promised myself something that couldn't be kept. I promised to not let out any more tears. I promised myself not to get inflamed over this subject, but how could I not. The last little hope I had to meeting my real family is gone, ripped away from me in the worst possible way.

I stare at the ground at my feet, not lifting my gaze or making eye contact with Keith.

"Scarlett, I'm sorry." He pleads.

"W-why didn't you stop what your were doing if you were fully conscious? Why didn't you stop, if you k-knew it w-was wrong?" My voice quivers, giving out at the last word.

"Because I was selfish. Because I was selfish and I didn't want them to torture me because I didn't obey their regulations with their tests. Because I was selfish and thought that if I didn't do it they'd kill me. I'm sorry Scarlett. I'm so, so, so sorry. I don't mean to inflict this pain on you, I don't intentionally do it. My life is dark, I've done unforgivable things to others, and I somehow always hurt the ones I love. Scarlett, I love you. Please, never forget that. I would never mean to do something to hurt you, but back then I-I was just so scared, I didn't know what to do so I went along with they wanted to do. I knew it was w-wrong, I knew it full heatedly. And to thing I actually did it because of my mind and how it told me to do it although my gut was telling me not to. I'm sorry, I still can't cope with what I did. Every single time I stare at myself in the mirror, I see nothing but a monster. A monster that is aggressive, violent, and dangerous. If I could go back, I would change everything. I would change every single despicable thing I did. Scarlett, I really do love you, a lot, and I'm so sorry for everything...causing you this much pain because of my past. I'm so sorry." He takes hold of my face with his palm, cupping my cheeks with his palms; pulling me forward, he places a gentle kiss on my lips, then pulling away to pull me into his warm arms.

I take fistfuls of his shirt into my hands and lean into him, letting his warmth and embrace raid and take over my actions. I try not to thing about it.

It's in the past.

Nothing can change what happened, no matter how much you want it to.

"Keith. I-I love you too."

He only pulls me impossibly closer to him, I'm now flush against his body as we embrace one another like there no tomorrow. No ending. Just here and now.

***

The rest of the time was silent, not a single sound was to be heard besides the slow breaths of Keith and I. He carefully caresses my skin as he gently removes the device from me, setting it down on the floor. It was indeed small and oval shaped. A small cord attached to the end, the outside covering of the device was a sterling silver.

Keith get up from his kneeling position and grabs a large bandaid out of the medicine cabinet that had a mirror attached to act as a door. He peals away the paper covering, a tan bandage the size of my palm now on full display. He strides over to me, placing the bandage down, it sticking like glue to the wound, no longer leaving it exposed to the air.

"Hopefully it'll heal soon. I'm sorry that this lacerated you, but it's the only way I know how to remove th-"

I slice through his words when I stand on my tippy toes to reach his lips, pecking them. Keith wraps his arm round my waist, bringing me closer and returning the kiss.

We stay like this for what seems like eternity before I pull away from him. "Thank you, Keith. For everything you've done to help me, thank you." I beam, a small smile spreading. Keith grins at me before closing the space between us.

"You're welcome." He says against my lips, a blush rising within my cheeks.

***

Hey there! I now short chapter, I'm sorry, but there's way more coming I promise so don't you worry!

If you are wondering - or have been wondering - the name NanoTech comes from the term nanotechnology, meaning small gadgets or devices. Therefore, since the company NanoTech is known for these tiny but very powerfully gadgets, I thought that it what the best fit for the name of the company!

So there you go...just in case you were wondering!🤓😉

Make sure to vote, comment, follow, share, and enjoy!

HAPPY READING!

~AlexisJadeS22