Chapter 26 - Unexpected

Jay's POV

"Do you think he'll go through with it?"

"Did you see the look on his face, of course he'll go through! He wanted forgiveness badly and now that he now knows the real story, I think he's satisfied and want's to help, because once the time comes, we're gonna need it all, all the help we can get."

I nod my head and curl up closer to Keith. It's been an hour since Bennett left and Keith and I are now in my room, lying down with the blinds down, darkness surrounding us. We're silent, enjoying one another's company, the quiet is soothing and comfortable, almost too comfortable to the point were I'm falling asleep, though I think Keith is already asleep. He has both of his arms wrapped protectively around me and I'm pressed flush against him, not willing to move.

Soon, the drowsy feeling takes over and my heavy eyelids slam shut, my mind an empty void and nothing to think about, it feels good to let go of things, because now, I'm one step closer to finding that perfect life I want with Keith, and once I have it, I will never let it out of my grasp.

***

   The Carr pulls up, music blasting from it's speakers. The street is silent, no one other than me and them here, no one for me to call for help to. No one. I'm all alone.

   "Well, well, well, look what we have here. Little Miss Jay Newman!" His bone chilling voice echoes through the air, though there's nothing around for the vibrations to bounce off of, making it echo. I prepare myself to run, run far. run far away from this.

   sometimes it feels as if this is the only thing I know how to do, run.

   "You scared?" another voice asks, and I know exactly who it is, not needing to turn around to reveal who it is: Jordan.

  I pivot on my heel, turning to face Bennett and his gang of delinquent losers.

  "What do you want from me?!" I scream, dropping my backpack on the concrete, my books slamming against it hard.

   "I think you know what we want." Zach tells, a wicked snarl spread across his face.

   "Why do you do this to me?" I scream again, this only sets them in a laughing fit, they all sounded in sync, as if they were the same person.

   'Isn't obvious? You're a freak, a marrderor. You don't belong anywhere but in juvenile. You're a crazed lunatic that has no friends because they're all afraid of you doing something to them. Don't you get it? Huh? Your crazy and everyone hates you because of what you've done."

   "It's not true!" I yell, unable to hold in my anger any longer. I charge straight for Bennett, slapping him across the face, his head whipping to the side with the amount of force I put within the slap.

   Two large hands wrap around my arms, acting as restrains and preventing me from going anywhere. Jordan comes up in front of me, his hand balled up in a fist, thrusting it forward. But before it could do any damage to me, I kick him in the gut, placing all my infuriation within it. He yells in agony, and for some odd reason, I don't feel bad at all. And I kind of like it.

   Now the only one left is Zach, who's holding onto me tightly. With all the power I could gather, I quickly rip my arm out of his grasp, my other one still firm in his grasp. This caught him off guard, perfect. I come around to his back, taking his other arm and painfully twisting it behind him, leaving him to struggle. I swing my leg around and kick him in the shin, he falls to the ground, cursing under his breath and grunting out of excruciating pain.

   I smile at myself, all three of them are down, giving me enough time to escape, Grabbing hold of my bag, I run, leaving Bennett there where he was. The street is never ending, it just keeps going. Miles and miles forward, not ever stopping.

   My legs are giving out, I'm forced to stop, collapsing onto the burning asphalt, ahead of me I could see heat streaks rising like waves from the water. I fall on my back waiting, waiting for something but nothing comes.

   Nothing.

  Nothing at all.

  I'm left there, left there to bake under the intense heat from the sun.

***

   Opening my eyes, light floods my vision making me immediately cover my irises again. I try again, this time I'm able to keep them open, but barely. I look to my left, and Keith's not there, which leaves me curious.

   Where did he go?

   A sudden aroma of chicken and steamed broccoli fills the air around me, making my stomach erupt with growls. Swinging my legs around, I stand and head to the door, grabbing the knob and opening the door. I rub my eyes to get rid of the drowsiness that's left behind. I walk around the corner, the smell only growing.

  "Ah, finally your awake!"

  I stop mid step. That voice isn't Keith's, nor Will's. It's someone's far worse.

  Him.

  The one we've been trying so hard to avoid.

"Walker..."

_________