Chapter 34 - The Plan

Jay, Will, Thomas, Owen, Bennett, Jordan, and I all surround the desk, our eyes all focused on the spread sheets in front of us. David is sitting in his chair, explaining the compound and the safest entrance and where Walker's office is, though I already know that because of passed experience.

"You, Jordan, will drive through here, scan your fake ID and will be cleared in the system. The large gates will open and you'll drive in. There is a port where you will stop, it's a cargo port so that's where you'll park and let everyone out. I suggest that you split yourselves into two groups, one goes in first to make sure it's clear, then the other one will make the move, Keith, you would be in the second group because you're the only one that needs to know the directions to get to Walker's office and get the documents," David points to the loading and cargo drop off and skids his finger across the page to the back entrance that we'll enter into. "Then once you guys are all in, you'll have to make sure to blend in, seem like you belong there and are not the outcasts. I have suits, the suits that all the assistants and guards wear within that building, and I think I have enough for all of you to wear to make sure you blend in."

"I also have ear pieces that you all will use to communicate with one another, that's another thing that will complete your disguises. All what you need to do is walk normally, your posture straight and firm and your eyes focused forward. There will be no greeting of any kind by passing guards, so no need to give one because they will suspect something. Act like all the other surrounding guards and do not do anything stupid. These guards are everywhere which will make it hard, so therefore you must be careful and not act out of line, understood? This is very dangerous because all guards are armed." David explains. 

  "Will we be armed, Mr. Newman?" Thomas questions.

   "No, the only one that will is Keith because he is the only one I know of that has used and knows how to use a gun."

  everyone nods, and focuses there attention back to the spread sheet.

   "Now, since you all will be entering right here, you will have to travel from here to here," David points from the entrance to Walker's office that is right in the middle of the compound. "It's about one-thousand feet between these two destinations, so you must be quick but not too quick or else someone will suspect something and thats all it takes for this plan to go haywire. These people are people you don't want to mess with so by doing this, you all are brave; now, when will you be leaving tomorrow?"

  "Around three in the morning." I answer.

  "Okay, everyday at five in the morning Walker has a meeting that is always held here," he points to a large meeting room at the far end of the compound. "The meeting is usually about an hour long, but it could run short, so there mustn't be any messing around. You must get in then get out as quick as you can before anyone notices. Keith, once you get to the office, there is a combination lock,  assume you know the password?"

  I nod, "Unless he has changed it since I was last there."

  "He hasn't, my brother never changes anything that has to do with passwords, so you're in luck."

   I nod, a smirk on my face.

"Does everyone understand what they need to do?" Everyone nods, not saying a word about anything. "Good, everyone needs to be up and ready by two, therefore I can give you the suits for your disguises. This all shall work, if everyone does what is required of them," David's eyes flicker from Bennett, to Thomas, to Owen and Will, Jordan, then lands on me. "Are you sure you're ready for this?"

   "More than I'll ever be." Is state.

   He nods and smiles, "alright, you all are free to go."

   Everyone leaves accept Jay and I because we were told to stay back.

   "Are you two ready?"

   "Yes." Jay was quick to answer and I bob my head.

   "I'm so sorry for all the things you've gone through because of my brother, the both of you. I understand how much you want him gone and believe me I do too, but please be careful, you know what my brother is capable of and it can be brutal, so like I said earlier, get in and get out."

   "Thank you, David, for helping us." Jay speaks.

   David stands and comes around the desk and takes Jay and I into an embrace.

  "Of course, I hope that this has some what help heal our damaged relationship, and I'm also sorry for all the things I've done, and I'm hoping that we all can start on a new page once this is over and you two are no longer running. I want you to expose everything, from the beginning lengths of the company and the last lengths of it, everything from the theft and lies they've been telling the government, everything."

   "Wait a second, wont you get arrested for that?" Jay questions.

  "No I wont, my name was taken off of every document and every fine printed paper that had to do with the cooperation. It was like I was never even there, so don't worry about me, you need to worry about yourselves."

  "Thank you so much, for everything."

  "Yes, yes, now you two run along and get some sleep, you have a very long day ahead of you both tomorrow. Good night."

   We bid our good nights and exit the room, Thomas and Owen are already passed out on the couches. We walk quietly up the steps and the door to my old shared bedroom is open, inside is Will, Bennett, and Jordan, all awake and just sitting in silence.

   I enter the room, after hugging Jay and she disappears into her room.

  I would be lying if I said that I wasn't nervous, because in reality, I'm freaking out inside. My mind is running at a thousand miles an hour playing multiple different scenarios, all ending the same way: the plan being aborted.

   I sit down on my old bed, lying back and closing my eyes, thinking about the one thing I've been craving for a long time.

  Peace.

_____________