Chapter 29 - "I'm Gone"

"Can you remember anything that happened? I mean, before you guys passed out?" I ask, trying to get answers.

"All what I remember is getting up and going to the door 'cause i heard strange noises, then all of a sudden I sort of blacked out, I don't remember anything after that." Keith explains. "What did Walker want? What did he tell you?"

   Don't tell Keith about this little deal, if you do...I will know.

   My eyes flicker around the room, I stay silent. My gaze narrows on a small camera and microphone next to it. He's been watching us.

   "I can't say it here."

   "Why?" Will and Keith say in sync.

   "Because, he's watching us."

____________

   The streets were bustling with people coming in and out of shops and their cars. Us three stride along the concrete path to our destination - Starbucks.

   As we enter, we receive looks, looks that aren't exactly pleasant. The looks and gazes of disgust and utter disrespect.

   "Hey, we don't want any trouble here." One of the workers state, pointing a finger at us, a snarl on her face as she spat at us, drawing more attention our way.

   "Wow, you guys are famous," Will mutters at us from under his breath, which only earned him a nudge in the stomach from me.

  "Ow!"

   "Shut up," I scoff.

   "Someone's feisty today."

   "Yeah, and I will be even more if I hear another crack out of you, so shut up." I hear Will chuckle from behind me, causing me to roll my eyes.

   We stand in the doorway, people still giving us loos from around the small shop.

   "We wont start any trouble, please, that's the last thing we want to do," The worker shoots us another skeptical look, then letting out a sigh of defeat.

   "Fine."  all the heads in the shop went from us to her, shock written all over the customer's faces.

   "Thank you," we make our way tot he very back of the shop, a place private where no one will be able to listen in. The chairs squeaking as they slid across the wood floors.

  "Okay, so what happened?" Keith asks, concern embedded in his tone as he scrutinizes my face.

  I know that what I'm about to tell him can very well get me killed, but I don't care. I'm not willing to take the chance of loosing him. That perfect life that Walker had promised me includes Keith within it. Losing him would mean it's not perfect, I can't do it. I won't do it.

   I can't.

   "He gave me an ultimatum. He said that I must follow through on this but I can't."

   "Follow through on what?" Keith takes hold of my hand, rubbing small reassuring circles on the back, urging me on to continue.

    I purse my lips, readying myself for what comes next. "He told me that I have to follow through on...killing you," that was so hard to say, probably because of the look on Keith's face that gave me the chills.

   "What happens if you don't?"

   "I-um...I'm gone."

   "Dead?" Will asks, dumbfounded, I just nod my head, not wanting to say anything else.

   "What else did he tell you?" Keith urges to know more, and I don't want to tell him more knowing it will only hurt.

"He told me not to tell you, because...he' watching us. And if I told you...he'd kill me," Keith sits back on his chair, running a hand through his hair, furious.

  "I-I'm sorry."

  Keith turns his gaze to me, "we can't let him go through with this. He needs to be gone."

  "One problem with that dude, he's like almost impossible to stop, how in the world are  a whole bunch of teenagers gonna take down a millionaire that has gadgets to control his very own army?" Will points out.

  "He's got a good point Keith, how are we going to take him down?"

  "As long as you know your sources and what it takes, you can do whatever you want, and I know how to take the pathetic excuse of my father down, it's simple."

   "Okay...what will we have to do?"

   "Break in."

   I throw my hands up in dispute, "okay really? That's like the stupidest thing I've ever heard. You need a special clearance to even get anywhere near the dang property, how are we gonna do that?" I ask, this plan sounds absolutely astronomical.

   "That's were we get David to join us."

   "Okay..."

   "This will work, we just need to make a plan of attack. I think we can all agree that we are sick and tired of Walker, I'm sure you are tired of running, are you two in?"

   I nod, "yes."

  "Great, now we just need to get Bennett and David. From now on, we have to be careful on what we do. Understand?"

  Will and I both bob our heads, showing we understand.

  "Good, now lets go."

  _______________