Chapter 7 - Relax

Jay's POV

I rushed down the vacant halls of the hospital, trying to find my way back to my own room while my thoughts run everywhere in my mind at a thousand miles per hour. The feelings of betrayal fill my insides poison my stomach, leaving it clenching and churning, trying to break free of the titanium cage it feels like it's trapped in.

My heart is beating at a pace I can't keep up with, my palms are clamps and beads of sweat form on my forehead, lining my hair line.

Every which way I turn, it look identical to the last part I turned into.

There's doors, more doors, and even more when I turn or go straight. There's no doubt that I'm lost within the corridors of the voided hospital, not a single night crew member in sight,

Besides one.

That keeps staring at me, watching me deeply.

The figure just watches me struggle and run around like. A chicken with my head cut off. The figure just stands there, admiring my insanity and stupidity to the fact that I can't find my way back to where I came from.

I feel dizzy and light headed, a certain feeling of nausea taking over my mind and driving it absolutely crazy. My legs stop moving, forcing my body to fall against the wall, the figure was now gone, as if he or she was never there in the first place, but then my eyes pick up something moving, moving into a room farther down the hallway.

I place both hands at the sides of my temples, rubbing at them to try to clear my blurry vision and control my thoughts that running everywhere through my brain.

It feels as f I'm going crazy, hallucinating things, people, objects that aren't real; that aren't in front of my face. My hands continually massage my temples, but the haziness only worsens; worsens to the point that I can't even see the person who is standing right in front of me, peering at me as if I were a lost puppy - which is how I felt in this moment. The person in dark clothes ducks down to one knee, kneeling at my feet, their hand casually resting on top of their knee. They didn't say anything, nor did they make an effort to talk to me and try to see what wrong with me and my mind that feels broken inside.

It wasn't long until I felt the hard grip on my arm, and it was only then that the whole world around me became nothing other than dark.

The familiar darkness that always claims me every night.

It was the same darkness that took over me two weeks ago, when I fell into that coma.

The coma I was so lucky to wake up from.

But how?

***

  I woke up in a puddle of my own sweat, the sheets clinging to my soaking skin. My breathing was hard, my chest bouncing up and down at uncontrollable speeds. My hair was matted down to my forehead and my eye lashes felt heavy with water droplets.

   My sight wasn't great yet, for my eyes haven't fully adjusted to tuhe rayless room. My eyes flickered around, meeting wall to wall to wall, until my irises zeroed on on thing, the bathroom door. My body sot up immediately, abandoning the bed and machines that were connected to me.

  I did the same thing I always did to detach myself from them, turn them off. Once the rays of green were completely zeroed on the heart monitor screen and the IV stopped working, I padded over to the closed bathroom door, a set of two towels tucked under my arm.

  What I liked is that my room and mostly every room in this hospital had their own private bathroom with a shower, which obviously - time to time - I took advantage of. Opening up the shower curtain, I turned the lever and hot water came spewing out of the shower head, pounding on my rigid spine and falling to the fiberglass floor.

   I don't know how long I was in there for, but it felt like hours, but I couldn't help it, it was refreshing and relaxing.

***

   Hey there! So so SOOOOO sorry that I haven't updated for what seems like years but I've been very busy with school, family from out of state, and I've been like REALLY sick these last few weeks and it wasn't good, so I had to take a break from writing. I'm so sorry, but I plan to update like usual - two chapters everyday - in the next week or so, so stay tuned for more updates.

   This was a short chapter I know... but I will update more now that I'm feeling better and I have time to do things, thank you for helping UNNAMED hit 1.1K views! I really appreciate it and hope that you are enjoying this story that I've created! Share with your friends who you'd think would enjoy this story!

   HAPPY READING!

   ~AlexisJadeS22

  😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄