Chapter 33 - Fake ID

"Now, all what we have to do is just send this to my user email, then from there I'll be able to copy it and add in an ID photo. Simple." David explains as I stand behind his chair watching as he shows me how to do this, it looks complicated but coming from David - an expert on computers - it seems easy.

   "How do you know all of this?" I ask, amazed.

   "I know this because I had to do the same thing over and over again whenever we got new employees or guards. I've done this for years, for as long as I can remember, so of course, I've found a loophole to make a "fake" ID," he puts quotations around the word 'fake' with his hands and pulls up the last part of creating a fake ID.

   "Now, all we need to do is fill in this fake information then create the actual pass. What do you want this to say?"

   I gaze down at the Identification Form that has large bold letters of Required written at the top. The questions are simple.

   1.) Full Name.
  2.) Date of Birth
  3.) Position

   They keep going on, as I read them, I come up with answers to the questions, and as I do, I think of the best person to do this as: Jordan.

   "The first question, put Daniel Williams, second question put July 28, and last one put Cargo Transporter. We will be going in there with a large truck, it would make sense for the person to have that job," I elaborate.

   "Okay, and these last questions are just about passwords, commitments, security, work days, etcetera so no need to worry about that because I'll fill that in," David says, his fingers typing at lightning speed on his keyboard. "Now, who do you want to be the face of the ID?"

   "Jordan."

***

   "What! Why me?"

   "Because you're the only one here that looks like a Daniel," I state with a 'duh' tone.

   "Seriously, why did you have to pick that name? Couldn't it be something like Samuel or Derek?" Jordan protests.

   "No. Why do you care, anyway? All you have to do is scan the pass and drive in, really not that hard. You have your drivers license right?"

   "Yeah."

   "Good, then come on we have to take your picture." Jordan scoffs, but follows behind me and back into David's office where the camera is set up and ready.

   "Okay Jordan, so all I need you to do is stand there and have a serious look, like a stone look or something."

   "Like this?" Jordan puts on a blank expression and I hold back a laugh, but it comes out anyway.

   "Yes, just like that," they take the picture and it gets transferred over to the computer that is set up on the desk. The photo appears and it looks quite convincing.

  "Is it there?" David asks.

   "Yup, all ready to go."

  "Okay good, now we need to crop it then it'll be ready to put on the actual pass."

  David crops the photo and places it in the 'Identification' square that is to the far left of the security clearance pass.

   "You can go now Jordan," with that, he walks out without saying another word.

   "It's ready, we just need to put it on this," pulling out a drawer from the desk, he grabs a white, plastic rectangle.

   "How are we gonna put it on that? We don't have the right p-"

  He pulls out the scanner/printer used to create and print ID's.

  "What were you saying about not having the right printer?"

  "How do you have one?"

  "Because, like I said earlier, I'm the one who would make the ID's and this is where I would make them, here in this very office like we did today."

  "Oh..."

  "Yeah," he says, turning the machine on and placing the white rectangle under the scanner. The machine starts going back and forth, printing all the information on the pass that is required to enter the NanoTech compound. Shortly after, it's complete.

   "Done, here you go," David hands it to me. I scrutinize it, and it look official and convincing. Jordan actually looks older in the picture instead of the young seventeen year old he is.

  "Thank you again."

  "Of course, now lets talk about this so called plan about breaking in," he walks over to the corner of his room where a filing cabinet stands, the black metal shinning under the light.

  "Do you have a map of the NanoTech compound?"

  "What do you think I'm pulling out?" He takes out two large spread sheets and sets them down on the desk, "now before we begin, I think all of us should be in the same room," he suggests.

  "Good idea, I'll be right back."

__________