Chapter 11 - She's Here

Keith's POV

    It's been a week since I was released from the hospital, which means that today's the day when Jay gets released too. Earlier, Jo-Je called the apartment phone, telling us that she would be taking Jay home, also known as here. I am glad that she's doing it, because I have a feeling that Jay isn't really that excited to see me.

   After all, I did lie to her, again, another thing that you can add to the list of mistakes that I've done to push her farther away. Memories of that night play over and over in my mind.

     "He said that if I didn't tell him where you were hiding, he...he'd shoot her," My voice broke at the end. "He said that I wouldn't get to see her again, because she'd be dead. Jay, I'm so sorry for telling him where you were...but I couldn't lose her, she's my mother. And I know you wont understand because of what I did to yours." A single traitor tear rolled off her cheek and onto her blue hospital gown, the tear leaving an oval shaped stain on the fabric.

   "W-why didn't you just lie about it? You seem to be really g-good at that," her lip quivered.

   A sudden pain erupted in my chest at her words.

   "Jay, I couldn't. He'd know I'd lied. He's smart about things, and I couldn't tell him false information. I'm sorry, I had to expose you."

   "I don't know if I can believe you,"

It was all because of me that I lost her trust. I've told her so many lies I can barely count, all have come back to me and have harmed our relationship, and I feel horrible for it. There's nothing more that I want to do than go back in time, and when I was about to tell a lie, change my mind and tell the truth. Except that night at Brett's house, I wanted to tell the truth, about everything but I forbid it, telling the lie instead.

If I would have told her the truth, then who knows where we'd be right now.

I mean, I killed her mom, and I knew very well that I did. I was selfish. Selfish to think that she would forgive me for doing the unforgivable. I took away that one last sliver of hope she had to finding her true family, I ruined it for her, and I don't think she'll ever forget it.

It was quarter to 1:00 PM. That meant that Jo-Je would be here soon, it was only then that the phone rang in the living room. Will wasn't home, he went out to go grocery shopping for stuff we needed here. I groaned to myself and got up off the bed and opened the door, leaving Jay's room to grab the phone.

Grabbing it and holding it up to my ear I say, "hello?"

"Hey..."

Bennett.

"What do you want?"

"Well I-um," silence, "is Jay coming home today?"

"...Why?"

"Because, I want to see her."

There was more, "and?" I ask.

"Apologize..."

"Look,I don't think that now would be the right time for you to do t-"

"Please," he begged.

He's so needy all of a sudden.