Chapter 32 - "I Promise"

"So, thats why you're here, with all your friends, to break into the NanoTech compound, expose all the Top Secret files on Walker's computer to the world and he'll get arrested for it? Is that the reason you're here?"

   I nod. "I know it sounds ridiculous-"

   "Ridiculous, it's impossible! You have to have security clearance to enter the compound."

   "You have security clearance."

   "No I don't, I left the company because of what they're doing to you, I don't want to be apart of something like that. I know I've done my wrongs, but I don't want to make any more mistakes, I'm sorry, but I'm no help to this plan."

  I heave out a sigh, running a hand through my already messy hair. "Alright, sorry to bother you with this."

   "Wait, there's something that can help you, you do know that Caitlyn is with NanoTech correct?"

   I nod.

   "She always keeps her laptop here and on that, she has her security clearance pass, if you take that and replace the photo to one of you, then you'll be able to get in once the barcode is scanned."

  "Wait, wont the barcode say 'Caitlyn' on it?"

  "Once I modify the barcode it wont, all I have to do is change the ID and fill it in with fake information so you wont get caught."

  "Okay, this might work."

  "Go get her laptop, it's on the top shelf of the bookcase that is to the far right of the room."

  "Thank you David."

  "Anything to help Jay and you to take down my brother. He's changed and it's time for him to stop."

  "Thank you," I say once more and head up the stairs, to Caitlyn's room. As I get to the top, Jay's door is cracked open and I can see her in there, staring out her window and out into the open to where the city of Denver is clearly seen.

  I step in, the door creaking as it opens a little bit more. I see her body jump as I enter, her eyes locking onto mine.

  "You scared me!" She says, letting out a sigh as she knows it's me.

  "Sorry, I just saw you alone in here so I just thought that I'd come and see what you were doing," she turns her attention back out the window, "what's wrong?"

   "Nothing."

   "Come on, I've known you long enough to know that there's something wrong, please tell me. What's bothering you?" I say, striding over to her and touching her soft skin.

  "Nothing, it's just the ultimatum, Keith, I'm scared what am I going to do? H-he knows I told you. He told me not to but I did," she turns to me, tears welling up in her eyes threatening to spill over. I take her into my arms, trying to sooth her by rubbing the small of her back, her hands are placed firmly on my chest as she quietly sobs.

  "Jay listen, I'm not going to let anyone hurt you. I wont let Walker get near you. He won't take the person I love the most. I promise to keep you safe."

  "He promised me a perfect life if I followed t-through. He promised me a life that I've been searching for forever. But the only thing is that you are that life, I'm sorry, I had to tell you and I know I r-risked my life doing that, I'm sorry, but I can't do this, you are the one I've been searching for. And that perfect life I've been searching for, it all begins with you with me. I can't lose you, I just c-can't." She sobs, lifting her head to stare into my eyes and I gaze into her emerald ones.

   I close the distance between us, capturing her lips with mine and kissing her like my life depended on it. She kisses me back, but pulls away a minute later.

  "I love you. I can't lose you. Promise me that you'll be safe going in there and getting that hard drive. Please promise me that you wont leave, please. I need you more than anything in the world," She pleas.

  "I wont leave, I will stay safe and come back to you. I promise. I love you too," and with that, I crash my lips onto hers once again.

   I don't know how long we stayed like this, but it seemed as if all the problems vanished, never to be seen again.

___________