Chapter 15 - It Was Only A Dream

ANOTHER IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING THE NEXT TWO BOOKS IN THE SERIES AT THE END, PLEASE READ! (VERY IMPORTANT)🤓😉 ENJOY!😊

I shoot up screaming hysterically, running my hands through my soaked hair, yelling 'stop' repeatedly. My skin feels so cold when it comes in contact with the crisp air of the room.

I immediately feel a pair of warm arms wrap around my abdomen and pull me back. My eyes are shut, as I clamp my hands around my ears, trying to halt the chanting voices in my head that sounded so familiar. Images from what ever that thing I experienced was come flooding into my memory, ransacking what it seems like all my good memories, changing them.

The husk voice of someone continues to repeat my name. Over and over again. They try to deprive my sweaty and clammy hands away from my ears, but I refuse as the echoing sound of the gun goes off in my head.

"Make it stop!" I scream loudly, though my voice seems to come out as a whisper due to the fact that my ears are completely covered, shut out to the outside world and the horrors within it. The warm person that I'm pressed against runs their hands through my hair and down my back, rubbing it and trying to sooth me, though it doesn't stop. I don't think anything will stop.

I inhale and exhale heavy breaths, my tank top sticking to my sweaty body. Once again the person tries to take my hands away from my head, and I let them. I frantically wrap my arms around the person's neck, quickly realizing it to be Keith when his soft - but husky - voice rings through my mind.

"It was only a dream. It's alright, I'm here now."

I still keep my eyes shut tight, refusing to open them as the tears roll down my cheeks and onto Keith's bare chest. He continues to try and sooth me, running his strong arm up and down my back to try and slow my heart beat, which it finally does now that everything comes to a halt in my mind and I can think straight.

"Scarlett, what happened," Keith asks as he pulls me away from his warm body, mine once again turning ice cold. A shiver runs down my spine and makes my arms and legs that are fully exposed to the February air covered in goosebumps.

"Scarlett,..what happened?" He asks again, but this time more urgently but it still has that certain softness embedded within it.

The memories of the dream - more like nightmare - come back into my mind, this time clearer and sharper. Each one sending jolts of fear through me as I try to forget everything, but miscible fail for they seem to be permanently stuck in my brain. It's like one of those thoughts of being afraid after watching a horror film and thinking that the monster is gonna show up and haunt you. It's like a never ending memory of torture, haunting me, drowning me, depriving me of all happiness.

"Scarlett, please tell me."

"I-I c-can't," my tongue was caught in a knot as I fumbled with my words, tears still cascading out of my eyes, creating streaks on my cheeks. I slowly open my eyelids and Keith's sympathetic eyes come into view, they are staring deeply at me, not distracted by anything else in the room, they're firmly focused on one thing: me.

We don't say anything, just stare intently into each other eyes endlessly. My breathing begins to slow and my heart stops racing as I fall calm and collected as I try to be everyday, but I can't because of...well you know what.

It feels good to be in his arms again. I've missed him this past week and well really this whole time and never-ending months when he was away in Florida. It feels nice to finally be back with him, the way we were those days when we were running. Escaping the reality of everything, only to fall into a deeper pit of trouble.

This past year has been so hard. Secrets have been spilled and tears have been cried, but there's one thing I've noticed over the whole 262 days of our seemingly never ending adventures. it's that this love that Keith and I share with one another has its ups and downs. We both end up hurting at one point or another. But, one thing will never change and that is that this love will be forever. I've noticed that we've never given up on it, even when we were about to...we didn't. When him and I were fighting because of all the lies, we were still there for one another. And I will be forever grateful that I was blessed to be with him. He has helped me in more ways than I can count.

And there is one thing that I will always remember trough all the tough days and and hard ways, it's that our love is like diamonds, hard to find and break apart. He was my hidden gem and it took two years for me to find it, him standing in front of me all that time from the first time he rang the doorbell to the time when we jumped in his truck and set off for Arizona.

We have fought - a lot - but there is one thing that will forever stay the same.

It's that our love will forever be bold.

It's that our love will forever remain unfazed.

No matter the circumstances and consequences that follow.

"Keith, I love you." I say, breaking the comfortable silence between us. A smile spread across his lips and his teeth show, his eyes full of happiness, which made me even happier.

"Scarlett, I love you too."

I let out a small giggle and sit up straighter so I can reach his lips, capturing his with mine.

I miss our times together, and hopefully the storm is over now and we can pick up our pieces and start anew and heal from the scars and pain.

We stay like this for I don't know how long but I don't even care. Like I said once, this moment was perfect and I don't want to ruin it. I don't want it to ever end. And I know that I don't want that, and I don't think Keith does ether...

____________

   That's a quote from Chapter 13 of UNNAMED for those of you who remember!😁❤️

   Hey there! I'm so excited to be writing again! I love writing this story so much and seeing all the reads, comments, and votes I get. Thank you so much for that! I truly love you!😘 Anyway, I hope that you have enjoyed this chapter and are enjoying the Unknown Identity Series so far! This is the last official book of the series while the other two I'm planning on doing - Before The Scars and Remember The Scars - are just add on books, you can read them if you choose, but it's not really needed.

  But, if you want to get to know the characters and all the missing puzzle pieces of what happened from the time Keith/Camden left NanoTech with his five other friends and want to know what happens from then to the time the whole running away thing happens, then Before The Scars will be the book for you!📖🤓

   If you are interested in finding out what happens after all the events of the last book - UNFAZED - and want to learn what happens after the ending of this book, then Remember The Scars is the book for that!🤓

   Once again, these two extra books will be like extra add-on's kind of like what Veronica Roth did with her Divergent Series by creating the fourth book Four on all that happened before Tris and yada yada yada...so yeah....

  Anyway, hope that you're interested in reading or looking at those! There might be extra surprises within those books if I can figure out a way to make them fit!😉 I can't wait to start those and finish this book up! I have a perfect idea for the ending!

  But anyway, enough of me typing and get on with the show!

HAPPY READING!📖

~AlexisJadeS22

💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎