Chapter 31 - Convince

Keith's POV

   Hearing everything from Jay made my blood boil, I made me infuriated that my 'father' is going after who I love most. It makes me infuriated that he makes these kinds of threats to her, and once he's gone, I wont have to deal with him any longer.

   Back at the apartment, I immediately broke all the surveillance cameras, preventing Walker from spying on us. I also took all microphones and broke those as well, I kind of went on a smashing rampage, taking a baseball bat and braking all the cameras and microphones, but I didn't mind.

   Now, sitting silently at the table is Jay, Will, Bennett, Jordan, Thomas, Owen and I. I called them once we got here to tell them the plan, the plan I've been waiting to do for a long time. The plan to take down NanoTech once I figured out all the things they did to people.

   "Okay, so what's the plan?" Bennett asks eagerly.

   "We're going to have to break in to NanoTech, go into Walker's office, and expose all of his files. I know his password to everything so all we have to do is get the USB hard drive and leave. Then here I'll be able to take the whole NanoTech corporation down." I explain.

   "Okay good plan, but how do you think we're gonna do all that?" Jordan states, giving me the look saying that I'm crazy, which I am.

   "My uncle is the Co founder of NanoTech, and he has clearance to enter the compound so that's how we'll get in, then all we have to do is go to his office, and I'll do everything from there."

  "Don't you have a map of this place or something?" Thomas asks, pitching into the conversation.

  "No, but my uncle does."

  ***

  The car engine roars to life as I insert the key, immediately driving out of the winding parking lot of the apartment complex, Will following me close behind in his own vehicle. Bennett and Jordan are in the back seat while Jay is riding shot-gun.

   The roads are bare, there's hardly any cars going from place to place. It's now nine at night and the sun is down below the mountain ranges.

   "How are you so sure that your uncle will agree to help us. I mean, he does own this company and you want to take it down. He could get arrested for this once you expose them, you know that right?"

  "Jordan, you don't have to worry, just sit back and relax," Jay says, turning her gaze to focus on Jordan, she then turns and shoots me a weary look.

  "Did you know that?" He whispers under her breath to me, and I nod.

  "Yes, I knew that."

  "What are we going to do?"

  "I'm only going to take the documents that have Walker's name on them, not David's. And besides, he wasn't there for any of my torturing, nor was he there when all the devices were manufactured. So he's basically not really apart of this, but he is because he's the Co founder." I explain back to her, she just nods and turns her attention back out the window.

   It's like Deja Vu, the last time I saw her like this was when we were running from home all those months ago, it's almost been a year and yet we're still in this mess and I hate it. I'm sick of continuous running and hiding of our identities. Though Jay's identity is unknown, but mine isn't. I've known mine for a while.

   We pull up to the familiar gravel driveway, the lights in the house are on which means that David and
Jo-Je are still up. Close behind, Will pulls up and jumps out, Thomas and Owen follow suit.

   I stride to the front door, everything looks the same from the last time I was here. All the plants and flowers that are growing peacefully. Turning the door knob I enter, and everyone else follows me in.

   "Wow, this is where you live?" Owen asks, looking around the modern interior with such interest.

  "This was where we used to live, before everything happened." Will explains.

  "Hello?! David, Jo-Je, are you here?" I shout, making our presence known. Not short after, both them come down the carpeted stairs.

  "Keith, Jay, Will, it's good to see you again!" Jo-Je says, rushing to us and taking us within her arms. She pulls away and focuses on Jay.

"Are you alright sweetheart? How's your head?"

"It's good, I'm feeling way better."

"Good," she smiles and her eyes flicker over to the other four teenagers in the room, "and who might you all be?"

"Jo-Je, David, this is Thomas, Owen, Bennett, and Jordan, there here to help us with something. And we need you to help us with it too." I state.

  "Nice to meet you!" Jo-Je beams, she loves meeting new people, though I don't know why...I guess it's one of her likings.

  "What do you need help with?" David questions.

  "Can I talk to you privately?"

  "Sure."

  He leads me into his office, shutting the door and leaving the others standing there.

  this is your one chance to convince him, don't mess it up.

  _____________