Chapter 27 - Ultimatum

"Where's Keith? What did you do to him!?" I yell, demanding answers from the man that stands in front of me, taking in my panic state as if it were all just a big joke, a low chuckle erupts from deep in his throat, making it sound intimidating and all sorts of strange.

"Don't worry, he'll be fine?"

"What do you mean by 'he'll be fine?' I spat, quoting his words.

He lets out a deep sigh, and turns his brown, dark, cold eyes in my direction. It's only now that I realize that Keith is the spitting image of Walker, though younger and he actually has a heart, unlike this twisted man who has his ways to avoid punishment. "Don't think about it to much, come and sit, I've made us dinner. We have loads to discuss." He offers, motioning a hand towards the chair adjacent to him.

I stare at it skeptically, deciding if I should take his offer or not, knowing him, he has probably poisoned the food and wants me dead. I mean, why wouldn't he want me dead, after all the trouble I'v caused him? As if reading my thoughts he smiles, "don't worry, the food is toxin free. It's just a nice meal I've made for you and I." He sounds so innocent, but looks can be deceiving. I've learned that.

I vividly remember the first day I saw him, the day Keith and I's journey for survival started.

  The man looked like a member of the C.I.A or something, seriously. He looked so stern and serious in his characteristics.

   I know now that he's clearly not some C.I.A agent like I thought long ago, no, he's something far worse and wretched. He's a twisted man who does unforgivable things for reasons that remain unnamed. 

   "Please, take a seat," he states yet again, his mischievous grin never flattering. my intense gaze never breaks away from him, as I watch him like a hawk in him every move, trying to find any sign of something peculiar. Something different, something strange and unsettling. Perhaps this has something to do with the unnerving feeling I had when I first stepped foot in this apartment. Now I know how to describe the feeling, the feeling that left me unsettled. I felt watched, as if someone was scrutinizing my every move.

   Now I have a deep feeling, and it's spreading throughout my body like a burning inferno, and I know that he's not just here for some little chit chat, he's here for something far more valuable. And I think I know what it is; and I'm afraid to what the outcome will be of this happening, I just pray that I'm wrong.

   "Come along, I'm tired of waiting," he says, sounding bored. I obey his request, but instead of taking the seat he has pulled out for me, I take the one opposite of it, trying to stay as far away from Walker as possible out of fear of being to close.

   "What do you want from me?" The words leaving my mouth remind me of that dream, the dream I woke up from.

   "Isn't obvious? I want to talk, since the last time you ran away before I was done doing what I needed to do. And since you've cut out your tracker, I can't tell you or communicate with you anymore," he says while walking over to me, placing a cold, calloused hand on my neck where the so called dream device one was embedded in my skin. I flinch and pull away, not wanting his disgusting hand on me any longer than it needs to be.

   "You know, Jay, if you weren't so afraid of me, I could help you."

   "Yeah? And how would you do that?" I spat at him, as he takes a seat across from me, he smiles a full white-tooth grin.

   "I can help you find your real family. And the life you've been searching for, for as long as you can even remember.

  I stop suddenly, wondering how it is he knows about my deep passion and want to find that perfect life I know I'll never have, "how do you know about that?"

   "The tracker tells me everything that I need to know to get what I mostly desire."

   Of course.

   I scoff, "and what makes you think I would take your offer?"

   "I don't expect you to, in fact, I knew you were going to disregard it the second you heard it, and to what I gather...I was right."

   I give him another skeptical look, still confused and oblivious to the reason why he's here. Because I know for a fact he's not just here to help me because I know (whole heartedly) that a man like him is incapable of helping someone.

   "Why are you really here?"

   "To make you a deal," he says, while taking a piece of steamed broccoli in his mouth.

  "What kind of deal?" All the sudden, I'm curious, but the thought from earlier returns to my mind, leaving me in a state of panic. Because I know, the second his mouth opens up and lets out the deal, I'll want to run. I just feel it, deep within me.

"I will give you an ultimatum, either you follow through on this...or I kill you right here and now," his tone now hard and demanding, he pulls out a shining metal machine from his pocket and places his finger firm on the trigger, pointing the cannon to me, refusing to move it.

  My heart stops beating, my blood running cold. I gulp down my nervousness, not wanting to show any signs of uncertainty. "What do you want me to do?"

   "Kill Camden," he stand up, the chair jolting backward and scraping against the laminate floors. "I want him dead before he can do what he's been planning to do for a while. I want him terminated. Gone. Like his clueless, innocent brother that was so vulnerable and easy to get rid of."

  There's a hitch in my breath, as my pulse quickens and I feel the sudden urge to get sick. "B-but he-he's your son!" I protest, outraged.

  "He was never my son, nothing even close to a son to me. Sandra left me before I could even stare at their face, she signed my contract and was gone, she disappeared and left my life. I'll tell you what, I will give you one week to go through with the deed, and if you don't do it, say goodbye to him because you'll be long gone," he turns his attention back to me.

   "Here, use this to help you," he slams the gun right in front of me, the metal structure meeting the surface of the wooden table with a loud bang, making me flinch and move backwards in my seat, a single tear rolling off my cheek.

   "If you do this, I will make sure to give you the life you've been searching for," he walks to the door now, grabbing hold of the door knob, but before leaving, he pivots on his foot, giving me one last glance.

  "Oh! and one more thing, don't tell Keith about this little deal, if you do...I will know." he states before disappearing out the door, leaving me alone in the apartment.

  "Keith..."

___________

   What did you think?? Walker seems to be making a lot of deals huh??

  Anyway, make sure to vote, comment, follow, share, and enjoy!😘😘❤️

  HAPPY READING!

  ~AlexisJadeS22

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️