Chapter 35 - Keeper

Waking up, I can already feel the adrenaline rush and I haven't even done anything yet. The clock on the desk shines a bright red, the numbers clearly visible.

   1:47 AM

  I lie back down, shutting my eyes not wanting to get up, but I know I have to. I stand, quietly making my way out of the room and down the hall to Jay's room. The door's cracked, enough for me to slip through. My eyes land on a sleeping Jay, the covers over her whole figure.

   I sit beside her, running my hand slowly through her soft blonde hair. Her eyes open, only a little as she peaks up at me.

   "Keith-"

   "Shh...I need to tell you something," she sits up, gazing at me, though it's dark, I can still see her eyes glint and sparkle. She doesn't speak, urging me to continue. "I want you to stay here while we go. Walker probably knows that you told me about the ultimatum because of Caitlyn, so I want you to stay here, and safe, away from all the danger, do you think you can do that for me?"

  She nods, and my eyes go wide in surprise, "really?"

  I'm shocked she's not fighting back or going against my requests.

  "Yes, I know it might seem surprising, but I understand. I get it, you want me safe, and I will be safe, just as long as you keep your promise to me the same. I want you back here so we can celebrate, together. Please, come back to me."

  "I will," I peck her soft lips. "I will be back. I promise."

  "Pinky promise?" She holds out her finger and I chuckle.

  "Yes, pinky promise," I connect my finger with hers and she wraps her arms around my neck.

  "I love you, so much. I don't know what I'd do or where I would be without you, I know it's cliche, but it's true. You mean so much to me that I can't put it into words."

  "You mean the world to me, and I will never let you go. I love you, Jay, and nothing in this world will ever change that. I will come back and we will be free from this madness. I promise." 

   She doesn't let go and neither do I, I just can't wait to go, and do what I've been waiting to do for a long time, and get back to her so I can take her in my arms and show her how much she means to me. I can't wait for the feeling of being free and being released from constantly having to run and hide our identities from everyone.

  I can't wait to start a new life, a life where no one can ruin it. I can't wait to leave, leave and do what I want to do and be who I want to be. I can't wait to run from reality with Jay, because she is my everything and I will do anything for us, she is my keeper.

__________

   Hey! I know short chapter but...there's still two more books to come so don't worry!

   can't believe that it's only five chapters till the end. I just can't believe that I've completed two books his year, absolutely amazing! And I want to thank you so much for continuing the journey and not giving up and reading more. I really appreciate it and I will cherish you for it! Okay, I'm done ranting now😋🤓

   MAke sure to vote and comment!

  HAPPY READING!

~AlexisJadeS22

😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘