Chapter 30 - The Asset

Walker's POV

Before they left the apartment.

"Sir, Scarlett is close to finding the two bodies."

"Good."

"Good, sir?" My assistant asks, clearly confused.

"Yes, I want to see if she can actually hold in a secret, or will she be dumb enough to actually tell Camden."

"If she does tell him, what will we do?"

"Send in an asset to do the job. I warned her that by doing this she would be risking her very own life."

Knowing Jay, she most likely will tell Camden, her mother would do the same thing. I stand in the control room, watching the computer screen in front of me as Jay wanders around the apartment looking for her 'boyfriend'. She searches through ever room, refusing to give up. Tears come from her eyes, falling down her cheeks, making me laugh.

It's so easy to break her, I don't even have to try at all.

"Sir, she has found the bodies."

"Okay."

"What did you do this time?" I turn my attention to see Caitlyn - my daughter - standing beside me, watching the very same thing I am.

"I did what you had suggested, and so far it's working brilliantly. Thanks to you."

A smile spreads across her face. "Thanks dad, did you make sure to give her the ultimatum?"

"Yes, I gave her everything that was planned. She will tell Keith, and therefore, the plan will work. With her gone, we will be able to take Camden in again, and finish what we started, before he caught on to our tactics and went rouge."

"Which was?"

"Taking complete control over his mind, once this is done, he will become very valuable to us, we mustn't lose him again."

Caitlyn nods, her eyes flickering back to the screen where Jay is ripping off the tape, Keith waking up instantly.

"Well I just hope this works."

"We've come so far, we were close to being exposed by hm before, but he didn't follow through on it. And now that we know his weak spot, I'm sure he'll do anything to save Jay. Trust me this will work. It will my darling, it will."

***

   "What did Walker want? What did he tell you?"

"I can't say it here."

"Why?"

   "Because, he's watching us."

I stand and watch as their conversation plays out.

"Sir, they're now leaving."

"Follow them!" I shout angrily, slamming my hand down on the desk in front of me.

"We can't we have no men down there to follow them, we can only assume that by the conversation they just had that she will tell Keith about it, the plan has succeeded.

I let out a huff, "we can't be so sure, but I guess you're right. Good work."

"Thank you sir, what now?"

"We wait."

***

Sitting in my office, I stay in silence. The room around me is dark, no one is in here but me. Outside my door, I can faintly hear footsteps come from either direction and quickly fading away. This plan was all created by Caitlyn who told me exactly what to do. Except, it was my idea to drug Keith and the so called Will. It was the only way to get this done and over with quickly, and it worked.

A knock sounds on my door, "come in!" I shout. The door creaks open, revealing Caitlyn in the doorway, her glasses sitting perfectly on the bridge of her nose, she reminds me so much of her mother, that died.

"Any news?" I ask, she takes a seat across from me, leaning back.

"Yes."

"And?"

"She told him."

"Perfect, now it's time to get the asset ready. Is he all in place? The gadget is there, running, and functioning perfectly right?"

"Correct."

"And he has no idea what he's doing, we have complete control right?"

"Yes, complete control."

"Good," a smirk spreading cross my face, "they wont expect a thing."

"No they wont."

"Go, send him out."

"Alright, will do."

She disappears out the door and down the long corridor.

  He will be perfect, they wont expect him to be the one to do what he's about to do. Eli was the perfect choice, and now it's going to be fulfilled.

___________