Chapter 28 - Awake

Don't tell Keith about this little deal, if you do...I will know.

Kill Camden.

   Either you follow through on this...or I kill you right here and now.

   All of it comes rushing in, balling my fists, I slam them hard on the table, making everything on top jostle and shake with force.

I will make sure to give you the life you've been searching for.

He can't. He can't give me anything I want. Everything I want is with Keith, I can't give him up...I can't. Stray tears fall, one by one, down my cheeks, staining them. I stand, the chair scoots backwards on the floor with a horrific screeching noise, filling the apartment.

I need to find him.

"Keith!" I scream, not really knowing what else to do right now. I don't know where he is, for all I know he could be in Mexico right now, or right here in this apartment.

"Keith! If you're here, please...make a sound!"

Silence.

"Please!" I plea, my voice sounding desperate, which I am.

Nothing moves, no sounds, no hints, no noises besides my heavy breathing because I'm freaking out, not knowing were he is, or were anyone is. The last I knew, Will was here, but he might of left. I yell, the aggravation and unnerving thought of something horrible finally getting to me. I stride at a dash towards the first door I see, flinging it open with much force that wasn't needed nor intended. The cloth set is empty, nothing inside other than a few coats.

If Keith's here, he's probably hidden in one of these rooms. I search in each and every room, opening the doors and scouring around, knocking boxes over and ripping things off hangers, trying to find my one and only treasure of a brown haired boy with striking brown eyes.

"Please, Keith...were are you?" I lean my head against the wall, gaining a sudden headache from searching and screaming. No doubt, I would have found him by now...I've searched just about everywhere. My hair is a mess and I'm flaming with anger, but I don't care. I want to find him and I want to stop this ultimatum, but don't know how...

I rub my eyes, the tears that are welled up within them burn as I rub at. My bloodshot eyes. I slowly walk back to my room, though I've already searched there, I go inside. Everything's the same. Nothing is different from the way it was before.

"Where, are you?"

Then it hits me, like a large gust of wind in a tsunami. I haven't checked one place, that place being Will's cloth set. I shoot out of the room, as if it's on fire. I rush into the room, and run right to his cloth set that is adjacent to the door. The cloth set has two sliding doors and isn't that deep, so therefore it should be easy to see.

I reach for the handle, ready to slide the door open and reveal what I'm hoping to see, I my hand stops. I inhale air and exhaling, preparing myself for the worst, though I really don't know what that would be. I slide the door open, staring down at the ground with wide eyes. My hand is quick to come to my mouth and cover it before I scream again.

My body is shaking, blood boiling, and heart racing. On the floor in front of me is Will and Keith, duct tape over their mouths and their limbs tied together, their eyes are closed and their chest slightly rising as air circulates through their lungs.

I kneel down, still shaking with a hand over my mouth. I stare at them both, looking helpless. I take hold of Will's leg first, gently pulling him out of the cloth set, and into the open space of his room, doing the same for Keith.

My fingers fumble with the knots, struggling to loosen them. I suck in my sobs, almost choking myself as the knots come loose. The rope that was used to tie their limbs together left rashes. The raw skin glowing in a bright red shade.

   The knots come undone easily after I figured out the pattern of weaves and eventually, the were free. I scoot to the side of Keith's face, his head is tilted to the side as his  arms are to the side of him, honestly looking very comfortable.

   I carefully dig my fingertip under the duct tape, the edges pealing off his skin roughly. The tape is pealing, but not enough.

   Do it quick.

   Do it quick.

   I rip the duct tape off, and as I do, Keith shoots up from were he was lying and covers his mouth where the tape previously was. A muffled scream coming from him as he hunches over for a slight second.

   He whips his head to me, scrutinizing my face, realizing that it is stained from tears.

    "Jay, are you okay?" He comes over to me and engulfs me in his arms, pressing me tightly to him.

   "I-I thought he did something to you," I stutter, struggling to get the words out.

   I'm just grateful he's awake and alright.

   "I'm fine," he pulls away and inspects me, "did he do anything to you, touch you? Hurt you?"

   "No, he didn't try anything." He sighs in relief, falling back onto his legs, his gaze landing on a still passed out Will.

   "We should probably wake him, you know how to." Keith says, a smirk playing across his lips as he everts his gaze from me to him. I nod, and do the same thing I did the Keith, ripping the tape off forcefully.

   Will's body comes alive as he yelps rather loudly, making Keith laugh. Though I don't know why, nothing's funny about being drugged to sleep and being tied then hidden...I swear he finds the weirdest things amusing.

    "Ow! What the heck was that for?"

    "To wake you up, idiot." I state, giving him an are you serious kind of look.

    "Oh, thanks?" It sounded more like a question than a statement, but whatever.

   "Mmhm" I say, standing up from the laminate floor and gazing at the two fools in front of me.

   "What happened anyway?" Will asks oblivious.

   "Walker, that's what happened," Keith states, standing up and standing adjacent to me.

  "What are we gonna do?"

   "Get rid of him, for good."

___________

   I know, kind of a lame chapter but I'm not in a writing mood, I'm sorry 😐. Good news is that we're almost to chapter 30! Finally!

   Remember to vote, comment, follow, share, and enjoy!

   HAPPY READING!

  ~AlexisJadeS22

📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖