The Return of Courtney

Henry's POV:

  I saw Courtney walk through the door and immediately stopped what I was doing. Was she here to finish what she started? Was she here to try to kill Charlotte again? Was she here to kill me? Was she here to take Jasper back? All these questions floated around in my mind.

Courtney Sham is a psycho girl who tried to murder Cassi, Charlotte, Jasper, and I. She was Jasper's girlfriend.

"Oh, um, Courtney, it's nice to see you again," Cassi stammered.

"You two already know each other?" Mrs. Smith asked.

"She used to be our best friend, Jasper's girlfriend," I explained half-smiling. I didn't know how to be pleasant around this girl.

"Courtney just got out of mental school. The reason she was in there was because she tried to hurt four people," Mrs. Smith explained.

"We know," Cassi stated, "Cause we were two of those four."

"Oh," Mrs. Smith said. "Well Courtney is not mentally unstable anymore. She's completely stable, so don't worry."

Mrs. Smith walked out of the house. Courtney didn't follow. "So this is a nice house," Courtney said.

"Yeah," I replied.

"So Henry, what's your life been like?" Courtney asked me. She was smiling like she liked me. What now was she gonna try to kill Cassi instead of Charlotte?

"It's been, um, ok," I stated confused out of my mind.

  Two days passed and Courtney came over every day to talk to me. That is when I started to worry. I didn't know what was happening. If she liked me I despised her and she should've gotten the message already.

  One night, after my parents had gotten home, I was asleep in my room and I woke up from a noise out my window. When I looked up I saw Courtney standing there. I immediately stood up and walked over to the Windows. I shut all of their blinds before I went back to sleep.

  The next morning came and it was Saturday. I slept in. Cassi came in and woke me up like she did sometimes when I had something to do cause I couldn't get up on my own. Why didn't my mother do it? My mother was usually busy.

  "Hey Henry," she had started with as son as I woke up, "Was Courtney staring through your window last night?" She had sat down on the edge of my bed.

  "Yeah, why?" I asked.

  She quickly looked down and then back up. "She was glaring at me all night before I shut the curtains," she explained.

  "You'll be ok," I promised.

  After the day was almost finished, I was sitting in my room reading a book. I hated reading, but I had to read this for class. All of a sudden, I heard a scream from Cassi's room.

  I ran down the hall and into her room to find Courtney with a chainsaw. Oh great, it's the old Courtney. I immediately did the same thing I did to her in Charlotte's room. She threatened to come back.

  The police took her back to the insane asylum where she belonged. Thank goodness for that.

  Then we both got a beep on our wiz watch. I answered mine and saw Ray. "Hey Henry, Cassi, we have an emergency. Meet me in the man cave in ten," he said.