During Surgery

Henry's POV:

  I was the calm one until the day actually came. Now I was pacing back and forth in the waiting room. It had only been an hour since Cassi had gone into surgery. The surgery was actually four hours so I had three more to go.

  "Henry, everything's going to be ok," Chloe said smiling. She was only like eight, but she was super positive about this.

  "Thanks Chloe, but I'm still really worried," I told her.

  "Chloe's right, though, Henry," commented Cassi's mom.

  "Thanks Mrs. Thunderman," I said. "No matter what anyone says I'm still worried. I can't help it."

  "I know, all of us will, but you have to think positive. That's how all of us are getting through it. It'll be ok," she said.

  "Ok," I said as I sat back down in a chair. I took some deep breaths and then pulled out my phone.

I had received ten messages. "Hey Hen, where are you?" Charlotte had asked.

I texted her back, "Hospital."

Jasper had texted me multiple times. "Hey Henry where are you? Henry? Hello? Why haven't you answered me? Henry? Hello? HENRY? HELLO? Goodbye," where all the things he had texted me.

Charlotte texted me back, "Hospital? What's wrong? Everything ok?"

"Yeah, I guess," I said back.

"You guess?"

"Long story. I'll let Cassi tell you later," I said back.

"Why later?" She asked.

"You'll find out," I promised.

I didn't text Jasper back. I was really annoyed with all the texts he had sent me.

After four hours were up, the doctor came out. "Who's going in the recovery room first?" The doctor asked.

"Give us a sec to talk it over," Phoebe said. The doctor nodded.

"So mom and dad? Do you want to go in first?" Phoebe asked.

"Yes," her dad said.

"I don't mind," her mom told us.

"Phoebe, you're the closest to her, what about you?" Her dad said.

"How many people can go in?" Phoebe asked the doctor.

"Two," he replied.

"I'll go in, but I also think Henry should go in. He is really close to her too. And I think she would appreciate it if he could be there," Phoebe said.

"No way," Mr. Thunderman said.

"Dad, you have to accept that Henry and Cassi are together and that they really like each other," Phoebe said.

"Phoebe's right Hank," Mrs. Thunderman said.

"All right, Henry you and Phoebe can go in," said her dad. "But remember I'm gonna be watching you."

"Thank you sir," I said.

Phoebe and I walked over to the doctor. "You two?" He asked. We both nodded. "Follow me."

  We were gestured into a room. "Ladies first," I said.

  Phoebe walked in first. Then, I followed. I walked over to the side of the bed.

  A few minutes passed and then Cassi's eyes fluttered open. The medicine had worn off. "Henry?" Cassi asked.

  "Yeah," I replied smiling.