Setting Up

Cassi's POV:

As soon as we were handed headlamps and had them on we headed on our way. "This is just gonna be great," I muttered hoping no one could hear me.

"What was that?" Jasper asked, looking my way. I could barely make out his face since none of our head lamps were turned on yet. I knew it was him because of his voice, though.

"Nothing," I said defensively. "I said nothing." I turned on my head lamp so I could see easier and turned toward Charlotte. "So how do we set these up so they can connect back to the television?" I asked.

"It's hard to explain," she told me, turning on her own head lamp, which signaled the boys to do the same. "Just trust me that I know how to."

"Did I ever mention I hate the dark too and that I have anxiety," I said. I was telling the truth, I hated darkness and I had bad anxiety.

"Calm down, you'll be fine," Jasper told me. "Your anxiety won't act up."

"Yeah, it could, Jasper," Henry defended me.

"It really could. She could possibly have a bad anxiety attack if you really think about it," Charlotte said, agreeing with Henry and I. "You need to be quiet now Jasper."

  "Anyways," Henry started, "how do we know where the most haunted places in this building are?"

  "We use our phones and look them up," I replied. "Hopefully we have cell service."

  Jasper pulled out his phone and searched up the place. He gave us a list of the most haunted areas in the asylum. "You got that?" He asked.

  "Yeah, we just have to pick four of those places and set up cameras there," Charlotte said. "We're not splitting up."

  "What if we get lost?" I asked. "It's dark, we don't know our way around, and we don't have a map," I added.

  "That could be problematic," Henry agreed. "How do we get back?"

  "We won't get lost," Jasper told us. "Turn on your microphones connected to your head set and Ray will guide us back."

  "How can be guide us back? He doesn't even know where we could be," I told him. "He doesn't know this place either."

  "We should have researched this place and printed out a floor plan or something before we came," Charlotte said. "It would've been best."

  "So what do we do if we get lost?" Henry asked.

  "There's nothing we can do. At least until morning when there's more light," Charlotte told us.

  Somehow, we found one of the areas. We set up a camera and Ray contacted us. "I can see the area perfectly," he told us.

  "Good," Charlotte said, "we're setting up the next camera soon."

  We walked some more, looking for another place to set the camera up. It took longer than the first one to find, but we did find it and set the camera up. Once again, Ray contacted us and told us he had a clear view. We did that two more times.

  "We know our way back to base camp, right?" I asked.

  "I memorized every step, I think," Henry replied. "Don't worry."

  We did make it back to base camp and sat there for a bit. After a while Ray turned to us. "Who wants to go on the first sweep?" He asked us.

  "Charlotte, Henry, and I will go," I stated. "But we are taking, not just the equipment, but also our book bags with food, sleeping bags, and pillows." We grabbed our stuff and walked off.

  As we walked we pulled out equipment. "Why did we bring our stuff with us?" Henry asked.

  "We need it, so if we get lost we have our stuff to survive in this asylum," I told him.

  "We are not going to get lost. You need to stop worrying," he told me.

  "I can not stop worrying Henry. This is a very real possibility," I told him.

  "Calm down."

  "I can't."

  "You're scared."

  "I'm not scared," I scoffed.

  "You are," he accused me.

"I'm not."

All of a sudden, there was a bang and we stopped walking. "What was that?" Charlotte asked.

Ray came in our head sets. "Do any of you know what that noise was?" He asked.

"We have no clue," Henry replied.

"Follow the sound of it," Ray instructed us.

We heard it again and bolted towards the sound. Luckily, we all stayed together. We here it again in the spot as soon as we got there. There was nothing suspicious, but there was one problem, we were lost.