Oh Toddler, Toddler

Cassi's POV:

We arrived at the man cave in time luckily. We changed into our costumes and left through the tubes.

The emergency was at some guy's house. He was abusing his three year old daughter. He wasn't even married. He told us that having the girl was an accident. He didn't want her and, for that reason, was abusing her.

We got to the scene and Henry preoccupied the girl's father. I snuck into the house and picked up the girl. I learned her name was Arabella Parker and that her birthday was August 15.

I got back out of the house as Captain Man arrested the guy. "What are you doing with that piece of trash?" The guy asked me. He was pointing to Arabella.

"She's not a piece of trash!" I yelled back.

I later learned that his name was Zachary Parker. The girl's mother's name was Leilani Peterson.

"So what are we going to do with her?" I asked. I handed her over to Henry. "We don't know where her mother is and I just feel really bad for her. I wanna do something for her."

Henry, well Kid Danger, looked up into my eyes. "We could foster her for a while," he said. He was half- smiling.

"I don't know if I could handle a child," I replied honestly.

"Well, I'll help, Charlotte will help, and my mom will help," Henry said. "I know you can do anything that you set your mind to," he added.

"Ok fine," I said. I started smiling too. I trusted Henry and always had. Plus he always kept his promises. If he said he was going to help, he was going to help. I believed him.

When we came home that night, Henry's mom questioned us. "We brought her from work. Someone left her all alone and we fostered her for a while," Henry replied.

Henry's mom and dad and sister didn't know we were sidekicks. For that reason, we had to lie a lot.

I couldn't take the lying anymore though. I had to tell someone other than my family. I didn't want Henry to hate me and I didn't want anyone to not trust me so I had to reveal everything to Henry's mom.

"Mrs. Hart, can we talk to you privately?" I asked.

"Yeah of course," she said. She led us up to her room and locked the door. "What's wrong Cassi?" She asked me.

"I have something to say," I told her. "Something that needs to be explained."

"Ok, what is it?" She asked me once again. Her face was filled with curiosity.

"I'm Girl Danger and Henry is Kid Danger. The toddler is Arabella Parker. Her father got arrested for child abuse, so we are fostering her until she can get adopted. We called the adopting agency and talked to them already. They said we could," I said without taking a breath. It felt good to get it out. I was finally free from lying to Henry's mom.

Henry's mom looked shocked from what I just said. Henry wasn't mad, but wasn't that happy about me exposing our secret either.

"Wow," was all Henry's mom had to say. "You two have been busy, haven't you?"

We both nodded. "Also," I added, "I have something else to confess that you can't tell anyone just like the other secret." I took a deep breath. I was about to reveal about my powers and my superhero family to Mrs. Hart. "I have superpowers. Henry has hyper motilty just like me, but I have more than just that one. My family are superheroes. I have telekinesis, heat breath, and freeze breath," I explained.

  "Cassi, you didn't have to admit all this to me," Henry's mom said.

  "Yes I did. It would have haunted me if I hadn't," I stated. I turned to Henry and spoke to him, "I'm sorry."

  "It's fine, Cassi," he said immediately encasing me in a hug. "You did what you had to." After a while, he let go.

  "I'll help you two take care of the three year old," Henry's mom said. "I know it's a big responsibility. I know you two can handle it, but I think you'll need some pointers. Let me just grab some of Piper's old clothes." With that, she walked out of the room.

  Henry and I left the room too. We went to Henry's room and set up a little bed for her. I realized I might have had  to sleep in there until the girl was adopted or fostered by someone else. I would be there to help if needed.

  Then, Henry's mom came back in handing us the clothes. "Here you go," she said. "If you need anything call me."

  "Wait, mom," Henry said, "Don't tell dad about everything Cassi explained. Please."

  "I won't. I promise," she replied.

  After taking care of Arabella for three weeks, she was adopted by a kind woman named Ella. She was a young woman who was married, but wasn't able to have kids. She took Arabella into open arms and I'd never seen her so happy.