The Long Road To Recovery

Cassi's POV:

I was stuck doing nothing in a hospital bed for weeks. It felt like forever until I was actually able to stand and walk around again. I was still stuck in the hospital, but I was forced to do physical therapy.

   Ray, Charlotte, and Jasper came to visit me occasionally and stayed for hours. It was fine though. It was always nice to have them to talk to.

   Henry was constantly there. He stayed with me over night every night. It was nice to have him by my side. I felt safer knowing he was with me.

It took a few months for the doctors to finally allow me out of the hospital. I had healed for the most part. That's at least what they told me.

On my first day back to work, I didn't do anything. Ray wouldn't let me help him with any calls and neither was Henry. They had told me they wanted me to wait for a while to make sure I was really healed.

"Come on, I have to be able to do something," I told them. "I can't just be stuck doing nothing!"

"Cassi, calm down, we just don't want you to get hurt," Henry had told me.

   "I'm just fine, I'm out of the hospital, am I not?" I asked him.

   "That doesn't mean you've fully recovered," Henry told me. "You need to take it easy. We don't want you to injure yourself. You need to get your mind straightened. It's still a little crazy from what happened."

   So for the most part, I watched TV or videos on my phone. I also listened to music (mainly Why Don't We cause come on; Perfection).

   One morning, I stumbled out of a bed and into my closet. I picked out a pair of jean shorts, my Daniel Seavey Jersey (Yes, yes I do have one of those), and a pair of adidas slides.

   After getting ready for the day, I went out as usual. It was finally the day I could start working again, so I went to work. When I got there I noticed Junk N Stuff was dark. No one was inside. On the front it said; Hazard; Dangerous chemicals inside.

   I tried to get in but the door was locked. I realized I hadn't seen Henry all day. I knew something was up. I had to get in and save everyone before it was too late.