Freshman Year; Back to School

A/N: This is the outfit Cassi is wearing except for the glasses.

Cassi's POV:

  I walked out of my room ready to go back to school. I was going to high school now and was really nervous.

I walked down the stairs trying not to be knocked over and to get down the stairs as Piper rushed up trying to get ready.

"Mom, I need my shirt put out!" She yelled as she ran. "Is it even washed?!"

After she passed, I continued to walk down the stairs. I put my book bag down on my couch and walked into the kitchen to get some breakfast.

  I heard more footsteps come down the steps, but didn't look up to see who it was. "Hey," I heard a familiar voice say.

  "Henry," I said looking up and smiling when I saw his face.

  He walked into the kitchen and kissed my cheek. "Ready for the first day of high school?" He asked as he grabbed the orange juice from the fridge and poured himself a glass.

  "No way," I said taking the carton and pouring my own glass.

  "You'll be fine," he said. He took a drink of his orange juice. "High school is no different then middle school," he said.

  "Just keep telling yourself that," I said laughing.

  "I will," he said beaming. "I'm always right," he added.

  "Yeah sure," I said trying to stop laughing so I could take a slip of my orange juice. I eventually did.

  "Is Piper ready to go into middle school?" I asked him changing the subject.

  "Yeah, there's so much drama, she'll fit right in," he replied.

  I shrugged. "I guess you could say that," I said.

  Piper came barreling down the steps again. "You two ready? I need to get to school. I can't be late on my first day," Piper said to us.

  I put my glass down. "Oh yeah, we should go," I said.

  Henry put his glass down too. "I'm coming," Henry said grabbing my hand.

  I picked up my book bag from the couch and we walked outside. "Piper, you'll be fine in middle school," I told her. I had looked at her face and could tell she was nervous.

"I know," she snapped back.

"Geez, I was just trying to help," I told her.

"Well I don't need your help. I'm fine!" She yelled back crossing her arms and still walking.

I looked at Henry and he looked at me. We both knew what we were saying in those looks.

After a while of walking, Henry and I finally got to school. When we walked in I noticed the big hallways filled with hundreds of kids. I had found out my locker number and Henry and I weaved through the crowds to find my locker.

No one in this school was very courteous. They were constantly pushing you around, especially the upper grades. Being the youngest grade at this school was not fun. Seniors and juniors would step all over you. That much I knew.

  "What's your first class Henry?" I asked him.

  "Biology," he responded.

  "Oh, I have history," I told him.

  "So, I'll see you around," he said waving and smiling to me before going to find his class.

I closed my locker shut and started walking towards my class when an arm grabbed my wrist. When I turned around I saw Mitch Bilsky.

"Well, Well, Well, if it isn't Cassidy Thunderman," he said smirking.

"Leave me alone Mitch," I said yanking my arm away. "I don't like you and never will."

"Oh come on," he said with a frown.

"Leave the girl alone," I heard someone behind me say. His voice was deep and he must of been scary because Mitch and his friends ran off.

I turned around to see a tall guy standing behind me. He was attractive and really tall. He was pretty muscular too. "Thank you," I said.

"Sure, I'm Josh. I'm the Captain of the football team," he said smiling.

"I'm Cassi, are you a senior?" I asked.

"Yeah, and you're a sophomore, right?" He asked me.

"No, I'm a freshman," I replied.

"Well you're very mature for your age," he said smiling.

"Thanks," I replied also smiling.

"So what's your first class?" He asked me.

"History, but I have no idea where I'm going," I replied honestly.

"I'm going there too. You can come with me," he said.

"Thanks," I responded. With that he started walking and gestured me to follow him. I followed him to my class and sat down.