I Lived

Cassi's POV:

It was graduation day. Our graduation was held outside. It was sunny and humid, but there was a nice breeze blowing. The trees swayed softly and I couldn't help, but smile. I was finally graduating high school.

   My hair was in a messy bun that I was somehow able to fit under my graduation cap. My tassel blew in my face every once in a while when the wind blew and my gown stuck to me with the heat.

   I pushed my way through the group to find Henry. The group of students waiting was a sea of red and blue. The boys wore red, while all of the girls wore blue. It was hard to find anyone in the cluster as everyone was close to the other talking. It took me quite a while until I actually found him.

   Henry was in the back of the clump with Charlotte and Jasper. I joined them. "Hey," I told them, smiling.

   "Hey," Charlotte said, smiling back. "Are you ready for your speech?"

   I shook my head. "No way," I replied.

I ended up being valid victorian somehow. Charlotte and Henry told me because I was actually really smart. Did I believe them? No. Charlotte deserved it more. She did get salutatorian, though.

"You'll do great, Cassi," she told me.

~~~~~~💙❤️💙❤️~~~~~~

   "Thank you," I said, ending my speech and going to sit back down in my chair next to Henry. I was so glad that we didn't have to sit on the actual stage. I didn't like to be stared at.

   Next, our principal started calling everyone onto the stage. Jasper was the first one out of our friend group to get called up, then Henry, then Charlotte, then me. It took quite a while to get through everyone in our graduating class.

   After the whole ceremony, we went to see our families. They took a lot of pictures, especially my own family. Pictures of me, of me and Charlotte, of me and Henry, of all of us. It was just one picture after the other.

Finally, our families stopped taking photos and we all headed to get food. I got in the car with Henry since he had driven me to graduation.

"So are you excited to study at Juilliard?" Henry asked me.

I shrugged. "I mean yeah. It's one of the greatest performing arts colleges in the world. Not to mention very few people get in. I just am going to miss you and everyone else," I explained.

He nodded. "I understand. I'm going to miss you too," he told me, a sad smile on his face. "I'm happy for you, though."

   "Thanks," I told him.

~~~~~~💙❤️💙❤️~~~~~~

   "Can I get you guys some dessert?" The waitress at the restaurant asked us. Jasper and Charlotte had left already. Charlotte had to leave for Massachusetts in the morning. She had been accepted into Harvard. Jasper just claimed it was too late.

   "Two chocolate milkshakes," Henry said. The waitress nodded and walked away. "So when do you leave?"

   "I leave in a little less than a month," I replied.

"So we still have quite a while together?" He asked me.

I nodded. "Yep," I told him. "And we can do whatever you want to do."

    He smiled and leaned in to kiss me. Our lips connected. The kiss was passionate yet soft. There was clearly a connection between the two of us. I knew there had always been, but this just proved it even further. I know it sounds corny, but oh well.

   The waitress cleared her throat and we pulled apart. I looked down and blushed. Henry was able to keep a straight face as she gave us our milkshakes. "Thank you," He said. She nodded and walked away.

   "That wasn't awkward," I said sarcastically. We both burst out in laughter and started drinking our shakes.

~~~~~~💙❤️💙❤️~~~~~~

   Eventually, we headed home. It was late at night, but we still decided to stay up. We went upstairs to Henry's room. He collapsed backwards onto his bed. I did the same. He put his arm around me and pulled me close. "You tired?" He asked me. 

   "Not really," I replied, shrugging. "It's probably still due to the adrenaline rush from graduation."

   "Yeah," he agreed. "I'm not tired either." He rolled over to face me. "What do you want to do?" I shrugged. He leaned in to kiss me. I kissed him back. He pulled me even closer to him. After that it was a chain reaction.

~~~~~~💙❤️💙❤️~~~~~~

I laughed. "You're telling me that you did that to Miss Shapen?" I asked him. He had been telling me about a prank he pulled on Miss Shapen as we just laid there and cuddled.

He nodded. "Of course I did. Hey, it was Jasper's idea," he explained.

I laughed again before falling into my own thoughts. I was desperately going to miss this while I was in New York. Was it worth it? I didn't know. I wouldn't know until I got there. All I knew was that it was going to be an adventure.

~~~~~~💙❤️💙❤️~~~~~~

A/N: Hey guys, so school's almost out, but I'm doing so much this summer that I don't know how often I'll update. I'll try to as much as I can.

Also I'm sorry for not updating sooner, but I'm glad I waited since I love this chapter so much.

Also go make sure to check out my Pinterest account. It has storyboards for mostly all my stories. I'm going to add more to my Two Sidekicks board soon. The link is right here: https://www.pinterest.com/writergirl2703/

Thanks for reading! 💙❤️