Something Different

Henry's POV:

So lately Cassi had been into this band called Why Don't We. Her birthday was coming up and they were playing on her birthday around Swellview. For her birthday, I had bought VIP tickets to the concert. I don't know how I afforded them, but I did.

Her birthday was on a Friday and it came fast. On her birthday, I pretended like I forgot about her birthday. "Hey," She said, walking downstairs.

   "Hey," I said back. I noticed she was wearing a little dressier clothes than normal. "You look gorgeous," I added, kissing her cheek. "What's the occasion?" She looked at me confused for a second. "Well, I mean we don't even have school today."

   "Right, Hey Hen I have to go meet Phoebe at the mall. She came up today," She told me. "We're going shopping." She looked down at her feet, probably a little sad, since she thought I had completely forgotten her birthday. She didn't care about a gift or anything, but it just meant everything to her to be together on her birthday.

   "Oh, um, have fun," I said, giving her a small smile. I thought maybe it could comfort her a bit.

   "Thanks," She said. I could tell a small smile was tugging at her own lips. "I'll see you when I get back." I nodded and she left.

   After a long while, she finally came back and I hugged her as soon as she walked in the door. "What?" She asked after I pulled away. "You just randomly hugged me."

   "I figured I should. It is your birthday after all!" I said beaming.

   "You didn't forget," she said, smiling from ear to ear. "What was with you acting like you forgot?"

   "I have a gesture planned," I said, taking the millions of bags from her arms. "Sit down and watch this video." She sat down and first I played the music video for "Hooked" on the Tv.

   "It's my favorite band, so?" She asked, looking at me confused.

   I pulled out the tickets from my back pocket and showed them to her. "Surprise!" I yelled.

   Her jaw dropped and she walked over to me. "Are these? No way, they are!" She squealed. "Am I seriously going to meet Why Don't We?" I nodded and she squealed again.

   That night we went to the concert and we met the boys. She was so happy. To be honest though, she really liked Daniel Seavey and I did become kind of jealous, but oh well.

   We watched the whole concert and the band wasn't awful. Their music was actually good. The only thing that made me happy was that she was happy. I made a dream of hers come true. She claimed it was her best birthday yet.