Return from an Old Friend

Cassi's POV:

I banged on the door. It was probably a dumb idea, but I still did it. I had to think of a way to get the door open and fast.

   I tried melting the glass with the heat breath I had, but of course the glass was heat and fire resistant. "Come on!" I yelled in exasperation. Knowing Ray he would've made it indestructible and that didn't help my case.

   How was I supposed to get in through the door if I couldn't break or melt the glass. I thought about freezing it and then shattering it, but knew that wouldn't work either.

   I stumbled through the plants around the building and climbed onto the hill next to the store. I found a large rock and threw it through a window. I ducked down so I didn't get hit by the glass shattering.

   All of a sudden, I heard men inside screaming. "What was that?!" An unfamiliar voice boomed. It was most definitely a male. He was older and his voice was very low and menacing. His tone of voice was threatening and he hissed like a snake.

   I hid against the wall, away from the window, so I wouldn't be seen. It worked. He didn't see me and left. I was able to sneak through the window and not knock any of the broken glass on the floor where it could make a noise giving me away.

   I peeked at the hallway where the elevator was and saw quite a few men stationed there. I heard someone coming and quickly dashed behind the counter. I was able to hide myself, but every step he kept getting closer to me.

   I was anxious since I knew any second he could peer over the counter and see me in the corner of the counter all curled up. I was trying my best to stay hidden. I think it worked.

   The issue after that was that the men decided to take a break from standing and staring at the elevator. They were scattered around the store now. How was I supposed to sneak past them?

   I took a deep breath and snuck out from the counter when all of them had their backs turned. I had to find a way to quietly head down to the man cave now.

   I then realized that the vent led to the bathroom down in the man cave. If I went through it I would be able to sneak into the place undetected. That was the key.

   I burned the vent cover and climbed into the vent. It was all down hill from here. When I say that I meant it literally. I slid down the vent and landed into the bathroom. I hit my head off the floor (Which gave me a concussion), but didn't care. I got up and walked into the room.

   The man cave was right behind the hidden door. I had to get in there without whoever was holding my friends hostage noticing me. I pushed open the door quietly. No one noticed me sneak in.

   They were all stuck somewhere different behind a wall you couldn't see. It held them in their little cages though. I took a quiet breath before revealing myself. "Hey, so I heard that this place had dangerous chemicals in it. Why exactly are there still people in here?" I asked.

   "Dangerous chemicals where?" Asked one of the men panicking, clearly forgetting they put the sign up to keep anyone from coming in.

   Another man, the leader I'm thinking, hit him. "Idiot! We put the sign up! There's no dangerous chemicals in here!" He screamed.

   "Just release them," I told them. "No harm will be done to you guys if you do what I say."

   "And who exactly are you?" The leader asked, walking towards me.

   I thought for a quick second. I couldn't exactly tell him that I was Captain Man's sidekick. I couldn't reveal my identity. If I told him who I was he might know my family.

  "Um," I stumbled over my words, trying to choose them carefully. "I'm-"

   "Cassidy Thunderman," a loud booming voice stated. It was clearly over a speaker. It was not someone in person.

   "Well, if you're Cassidy Thunderman, you might recognize an old friend whom you put in jail," the leader said.

   I turned around and my jaw dropped at the sight of what was on the TV. There was no possible way, right?