Masquerade

Cassi's POV:

After hours of dress shopping, Charlotte and I finally found dresses for the masquerade. The note had added at the bottom that the dress code was black and white. I went with a short, white dress and she went with a long, black one.

   "So what's the plan to stop you guys from getting caught in this trap?" Charlotte asked.

   "I haven't come up for one yet," I replied. "The boys will never come up with a plan. We might not even have one. We might just have to improvise and wing it."

   "So just the usual?" She asked me, smiling a little bit.

   "Pretty much," I said, laughing.

We left the dress shop and headed to a party store. We figured that there would be masks there. We walked into the store and headed to the back. We found some masks and bought them.

~~~~~~❤️💙❤️💙~~~~~~

Henry and I headed to the man cave to meet up with everyone else. We planned to meet there and then head to the masquerade ball together. "Are you ready?" Henry asked me as we walked.

"Well, considering we're walking into a trap, no not really," I admitted.

"Hey, we'll be okay," he told me.

"I know. I'm just trying to think of way to stop whoever is going after us. I'm trying to think of a plan," I told him.

"We don't need a plan. When do we ever have a plan?" He asked me.

"Almost never, but we can just beat this darkness by winging it, Henry. We have to have a plan," I replied.

"Stop stressing over it," Henry told me as he stopped.

"I stress over everything. When do I not stress?" I asked him.

"You need to stop."

"But—" He cut me off by pressing his lips to mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he put his around my waist. After a few moments we both pulled away. "I'll try to stop."

He laughed and smiled. "Come on, let's head to the man cave," he told me, taking my hand and he intertwined our fingers.

~~~~~~❤️💙❤️💙~~~~~~

"You two ready to go?" Ray asked us. We nodded. "Okay, guys, lets head out."

We left and headed to the masquerade ball. We walked into the building and into the ballroom. People talked and danced all across the ballroom.

"What do we do?" Jasper asked.

"Blend in," Henry responded. "Dance, just stand and talk with someone. Really just do anything."

"What are you going to do?" Charlotte asked him.

"I am going to try to dance," he responded.

He grabbed my hand and we walked out into the crowd of people dancing. "So have you thought of anything yet?" Henry asked me.

"Nope. I still haven't thought of anything. I can't think when I'm around this much noise," I replied. He nodded.

~~~~~~❤️💙❤️💙~~~~~~

All was going well. Everything seemed to be going normally. All of a sudden, the lights went out and we heard someone speaking. They weren't close to us, but they weren't too far either. Now we had to do something.