Fire N Gold

Cassi's POV:

   "Pass me the salt please," I asked Henry as we sat at Steak'N Shake.

   "Here," He said, handing it to me.

"Thanks," I said smiling. I swiftly put it on my plate of fries and put it back. When I looked up Henry was staring at me and smiling. "What?" I asked laughing.

"You're just so beautiful, especially when you smile," he told me. "How'd I ever get so lucky?"

"I'm not that special," I told him.

"What are you talking about? You're perfect. We're perfect, Cass," he said, putting his hands on mine. "I love you more than anything Cassidy Thunderman."

I blushed before responding, "I love you too."

All of a sudden, our watches started buzzing. I answered mine. "Yes Ray?" I asked, as I took a fry and ate it.

"There's a problem guys," Ray told us.

   "What is it?" I asked.

   "The toddlers back. I'm locked in some weird cage he has. It's electronic. I don't know what to do! Help!" He screamed. I heard the toddler's voice and then I lost him.

   "Ray?" I asked. No response. "Ray?!" I asked again, this time screaming at my watch. "Henry, we have to go now."

   "What? Why?" He asked as he stood up.

"It's Ray. The toddlers in the man cave and he has Ray trapped. Ray called me, but the call ended suddenly and I have no idea what happened," I explained, taking his hand and starting to walk out.

"Wait, Cassi, we have to pay first unless you want to get in trouble," he told me.

"Right," I said, grabbing the bill and going up to the front counter. I quickly payed the bill and we left.

~~~~~~💙❤️💙❤️~~~~~~

The front door to Junk'N Stuff was open. We walked in, the bell ringing as we did so. No one was upstairs so we were clear. There were probably people stationed in the man cave by the elevator, so we didn't know how to get down there.

"What do we do? There's probably people watching the elevator," Henry told me, pulling me back into the main room in the store.

"I don't know Hen. There has to be a way, though," I told him. He nodded his head.

We eventually found a way to get down and got down. There was no one around the main area of the man cave. Well no one except Ray.

We both ran over to where he was sitting. It didn't look like he was trapped. I tried to help him get out, but my hand got burned. A bright, red burn showing up on my palm. It hurt so badly.

"Well, well, well," The toddler said, walking out of another room. "If it isn't the two Ray relies on the most."

As soon as he started talking, my head shot up from looking at my hand. He approached the Henry and I slowly. Henry quickly pushed me behind him as a precaution. This was an example of a time where his protective instincts for me set in. In his mind, I knew he was thinking I got hurt and he wouldn't let me get hurt again.

"Stay away freak," Henry shot at him.

"Freak?" The toddler asked. "Why am I freak?"

"You're a grown man in diapers!" Ray yelled, answering for Henry.

"And?" The toddler asked.

~~~~~~💙❤️💙❤️~~~~~~

"Is your hand okay?" Henry asked me, after we had gotten rid of the toddler. My hand was bright red, skin burned off.

"Yeah, it's fine," I lied. The pain had only gotten worse since it had happened. The pain was now unbearable. I took deep breaths to try to keep myself from thinking about it.

"Let me see it," he told me. It was almost demanding. He only got like this when he was really worried and that wasn't very often.

I sighed and give him my hand. He flipped it over and looked at my palm. His eyes widened at the sight. "It's not that bad," I told him. That was also a lie.

"Not that bad?" He asked me, not looking me in the eyes. He still stared down at my burnt hand. "Cassi, that's terrible. You're going to a doctor. Right now," he told me. With that he pulled me out of the man cave.