A Day Later

Cassi's POV:

I woke up early. I immediately went and changed into shorts and a tank top, even though the tank top showed the scar from my surgery.

The scar had faded a bit. It wasn't a lot , but it was a bit. Not a lot of people knew about my surgery cause I didn't really mention it. I definitely didn't wear anything that showed the scar in school.

I brushed my hair and teeth first. Then I did the other things I needed to do. It didn't take long actually. I took longer when I got ready for school then for the summer.

I went downstairs quickly and got breakfast. I simply are Cookie Crisp with milk and drank some orange juice.

After a good ten minutes Henry came downstairs fully dressed. He wasn't in his pajamas like usual when he got up. "Good morning," he said. He grabbed a box of Frosted Flakes and poured milk in it.

"Morning," I said. I was still sitting at the island in the kitchen. Henry sat down next to me.

"Plans for today?" He asked me before he took a big bite of his breakfast.

"No, not really. I might go to look at some new things to redecorate my room. You can come if you want," I told him. "You don't have to if you don't want to."

"I'll come," he replied.

"Great. Your parents home?" I asked. I had not seen them get up in the time I was up so either they got up early and went somewhere or they were still sleeping.

"Yeah. My dad is awake. I'll go tell him we're leaving," he said after he had finished. He had finished his breakfast very quickly.

  I grabbed my purse and sat down on the couch. I constantly had money because I didn't buy stuff that often. I bought stuff every once in while, but I didn't waste any of my money I made from working.

Henry came down. "Ready?" He asked.

"Yep, let's go," I replied. We left the house and started walking to the store. It was only a couple blocks and walking was good exercise. It also gives you some fresh air, even if it was really humid outside.

Before we could make it to the store we had a block in our path. It was a "lady" wearing a tall cloak. The reason I put lady in quotation marks is because it was a man pretending to be an old woman who dropped stuff to get us or me rather, to help pick it up. Sadly, I fell for the trick.

The person pulled me down throwing off his cloak revealing a electronic face. "I thought you were in prison," I said stumbling backwards towards Henry.

"Well, I escaped," the man replied back.

"Cassi, what's going on?" Henry asked me.

  "Henry meet Dark Mayhem," I said.