Haunted

Cassi's POV:

   "Let me out!" I yelled. I kept banging on the bars that held me in the dirt cell I was in. I didn't know where I was, who was keeping me here, or why what this was happening, but it was. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't stop it. I was trapped.

I leaned against the wall. I was doing more thinking while I was stuck in the cell. It made me think about how abnormal my life is and how dangerous it could be. So many things had happened, yet no matter what happened I wouldn't stop being a sidekick. I loved doing it. For that reason, I wouldn't stop.

I slid my back down the wall and sat down. I pulled my knees up to my chest. I laid my head on my knees and breathed. The cell was quiet. All I could hear was my steady breathing and footsteps coming from the other side of the bars.

Boots echoed on the stones as they came closer to where I was being held. The figure in black stood in front of my cell like he always did at this time of the day. I could always tell what time it was because of him doing this.

   "Here's your food for the day. Don't eat it all at once," he told me. His voice was deep and synthesized. It wasn't real. He had disguised it to hide his identity.

I never responded to him. He never got a word out of me. He tried talking to me I didn't answer. He only ever heard my voice from my screaming for help.

   He stood still, staring at me. It was almost like he could see inside me. It was like he could see my thoughts and my feelings. He could see past my eyes. He could see through them.

"Are you ever gonna talk to me?" He questioned, crossing his arms. He didn't move from his position in front my cell. I kept my mouth shut. "Come on." He put his hands around the bars.

I ignored every word he said as I pushed my feet out to straight in front of me. I finally decided it was time to talk. "I'm sorry, did you say something?" I asked him, looking up. I couldn't make eye contact since his eyes were covered by his mask.

"Finally, I get to hear a beautiful voice from a beautiful girl," he said. I could tell he was smirking even though I couldn't see his mouth. He made me feel uneasy and uncomfortable. Every word that came out of his mouth worries me.

"What do you want with me?" I asked him. I tried to sound like I was fine. No matter how hard I tried my voice trembled. You could hear the shaking in it.

"That, sweetheart, is for you to figure out," he told me. I could make out his every word even though his speech was muffled.

He stood for a few minutes doing nothing. He just stared at me nonstop. Eventually, I noticed him taking his hood down, pulling off his mask, and taking off the device that disguised his voice.

The boy behind the mask didn't look evil. He looked two years older than me. He was slim and tall. His messy brown hair to the right side. His eyes were a green color. He looked like a person I would least expect to be behind this.

"Who are you?" I asked him, standing up and walking over the bars.

   "You think I'm gonna tell you who I am?" He asked me. "If you ever get out of here, I don't want evidence against me."

   "I know what you look like," I told him. It was supposed to be a threat, but to him it probably seemed harmless.

   "There are many people who could possibly look like me. They can't pinpoint me from my looks sweetheart," he told me with a laugh.

   He was getting on my nerves. I hated that he called me sweetheart. He could tell that it bothered me too. He knew everything he would do that would bother me. He was doing it on purpose.

   "Stop calling me that!" I shot at him.

   He laughed again. "My name's Noah. I'm eighteen," he told me. "I hope you know that's all you're getting. It can't help you with anything."

   "Just tell me what you want from me," I told him.

   He smirked and reached his hands through the bars. He caressed my cheek. I wanted to vomit. His touch was cold. It only added to the uneasiness I felt. "I told you. That's for you to figure out," he repeated.

   A few things passed through my brain. It suddenly hit me. I made the realization. "You're a monster. You're sick," I told him. "You're just like the rest of society now a days."

   He smirked again before taking his hand away. "I have matters to attend to," he told me, grabbing his stuff before walking away.

   I leaned my head against the bars. I was never gonna get out of here.