New York, New York

Cassi's POV:

I stood at the airport with my family and Henry. Ray was on his way as well. Charlotte was in Massachusetts and Jasper was going to come, but he ended up being busy.

   "You're going to be great," Henry told me.

   "Thanks," I said, a blush creeping up onto my cheeks. I smiled as I pulled him into a hug. I wasn't going to see him for a little bit. Though, he did plan a trip for next month.

   Phoebe was coming with me. She had been going to New York University. She was heading back and I was heading there at the same time. We decided that after I spent a year in a dorm we would get an apartment together.

   "You girls be careful," our mom told us as she hugged us.

   "Mom, don't worry, I know my way around New York. Don't even think for a second that I won't be helping Cassi," Phoebe told her.

All of a sudden, Ray ran to where we stood. "I'm here," He panted. "What'd I miss?" Henry and I looked at each other and laughed.

"You missed nothing, Ray," Henry replied.

"Listen, you need to come back and visit sometimes. I don't know how long we can only have two superheroes here," he told me. "Especially, because only I have powers."

"Henry's still perfectly capable of fighting crime," I said, smiling. "You guys will be fine and so will Swellview, but I'll make sure to visit as often as I can."

"Good," Ray told me. He walked over to me and pulled me into a hug, which was kind of shocking. He pulled away. "If you run into my ex-girlfriend there tell her I said hi."

"Whose your ex-girlfriend?" I asked.

"Her name's Mindy McKnight. She's The Raven. She claims she's a better superhero than me just because she has the power to turn herself invisible," he replied, shrugging.

"That's so cool," I commented. "That's such a great power to have too."

"I'm unimpressed," he told me. I rolled my eyes jokingly. "What?"

"Nothing."

~~~~~~💙❤️💙❤️~~~~~~

   I breathed in the city air. It was warm as I felt the sun hit my face. I smiled. I was in New York City. I took a few steps forward, ready to start the journey ahead.

   "Woah, woah, woah," Phoebe said, stopping me in my tracks. I turned on my heels to face her. "You don't know your way around. You're not going anywhere alone right now."

"What? Why not?" I asked her, frowning.

"There are some crazy people in New York. Also, as I said before, you don't know your way around," She told me.

"Relax," I told her, a small smile on my face. "I can take care of myself. I'll call you if anything happens. I promise."

She sighed. "Fine," She said. "Be careful."

~~~~~~💙❤️💙❤️~~~~~~

   I smiled as I walked quickly throughout the city. I was constantly weaving in and out and sometimes being pushed, but I didn't mind. The crowds were large, but New York was so perfect.

   I walked through the crowds at time square. I smiled as I looked around at the billboards and the bright lights. I saw dozens of theaters and shops. I was in love.

   As I weaved through people I ran into men and women dressed in costumes. I had listened to Phoebe's warnings. She had told me to be careful with them. They would sometimes steal and sometimes grab you to get you to take pictures with them. I avoided them as much as I possibly could.

   It was a long time before I ended up getting myself in trouble. I was still in Times Square when I ran into a man. He was pretty creepy. "Hey," He said, smirking.

   I didn't say anything and tried to push my way through the crowd to get past him. I knew I couldn't use my powers to get rid of him because it would be suspicious.

   It didn't work, though. He followed me. The crowds weren't too big at this time so he was able to keep his sights on me. I sucked a breath in, trying to calm myself down. I probably should've listened to Phoebe.

   I walked even quicker than I had been and I had been walking pretty quick. I was able to push my way through costumed people and others. I knew I had to find Phoebe quickly.

I pulled my phone from my pocket and clicked on her contact. At that moment I was so happy I had her on my favorites. The dial tone was very faint in my ears due to the loud noises in the city.

Phoebe picked up. "Hey Cassi, you okay?" She asked me.

"No," I admitted. I looked behind me and then walked faster. "There's a man following me."

"Where are you?" She asked me.

   "Times Square," I replied.

   "Out of all places you could go you decided to go to Times Square? Alone?" She asked me.

   "What's wrong with it?" I asked.

   "Because it's so busy someone could grab you without anyone noticing," she replied.

   "No ones gonna grab me," I assured her. I had pushed that thought to the back of my head.

   "Be careful," she told me. "Use your powers of you truly need to."

   "I will," I told her, hanging up.

   I was still pretty much freaking out and walking fast. I refused to slow down. I knew that if I truly had to, though, I would do what Phoebe has told me to do. People would get suspicious, but my safety came first.

~~~~~~❤️💙❤️💙~~~~~~

   I eventually got out Times Square safely. I headed to check in to my college and to my dorm room and meet my roommate.

   I walked into the college and told them who I was. They gave me a room key and told me where my dorm was. I nodded in thanks and then headed up to where it was located.

   I found the right dorm in about fifteen minutes. I pulled my key out of my pocket, unlocked the door, and went inside.

   There was a girl inside. She had red hair. She turned around in her chair to face me and she smiled. "Hi," she told me. "I'm Ella Martin."