Chapter 5 - The School Concert part 1

Ren POV

"Come on guys! Stretch that body. You can't be like this on quests!" Hana said boldly looking at me and my schoolmates doing stretching exercises in Physical Education.

"My body seems to be falling apart miss" Adam sighed.

"Fine, everyone can go play some game from earth" she sighed glaring at him.

"Yes!" everyone ran to her office and took out the baseball equipment.

"It's okay Hana. You are the most awesome teacher ever" I smirked patting her back while some students fought over the baseball bat.

"I'm getting old" she said looking really scary.

"27 years old...pfff....your a baby" I smiled nervously trying to calm her down.

Time skipped....

I smiled proudly holding the baseball bat in my hands and got ready for anything Shawn was going to give me.

"Ren please don't break another window like last time!" Mia trembled.

"I'm a professional" I lied.

He threw the ball at an amazing speed then I hit it somewhere without thinking and ran off. Everyone froze when we heard glass shatter and Hollis screaming angrily.

"You.....broke my dad's office window" Hana trembled with her ears drooped.

"Everyone run before Mr. Yasei kills us!" Adam exclaimed then everyone ran leaving her and me behind.

I smiled nervously looking at Hollis tapping his foot and glaring at me.

"Um...you have been hanging around Jayson too long that you got anger issues huh" I laughed nervously patting his back.

"Office now" he sighed looking really scary with a dark ora surrounding his body and his eyes turned completely white.

"Yes sir" I pouted dragging my feet to his office.

~🎆~

He took out some damage bills and placed them on his desk. I was distracted by his photos of his wife and him then he glared at me.

"Ren, please stop" he said angrily.

"Ho....I mean Mr. Yasei you need to take some chill pills. I'm a Water wizard just like you so let's just forget about these damages I did to the school then become buddies again" I chuckled folding my arms.

"No"

"Why?!" I wined.

"You are going to do something in return that will help the school pay for these damages" he smiled evilly.

"I know where this is going already" I glared at him.

"You will train Aquamarine to do tricks and.....sing" he laughed purring a little while his ears moved rapidly.

"I don't do that anymore. Singing is not my thing and Aquamarine is smart already for her own good" I sighed rolling my eyes.

"Well....I might have to call Nelson and Peter about these damages"

"No! I'll do it but I'll not let anyone know it's me singing" I said hiding his office phone from him.

"Good. Tomorrow Jayson will help you with the songs with the concert I'll be planning for the money" he smiled softly.

"Whatever" I mumbled.

~🎆~

I screamed in my pillow in my room and Adam sighed shaking his head.

"You had it coming" he laughed.

"I thought he would be easy on me since he knows me since I was a kid" I glared at him.

"Singing won't be a problem for you since you are a Māmedia" he smirked.

"No it won't but....I just don't like doing it because it reminds me off my mom" I sighed burying my head in the pillow.

"Just get sick"

"You smartass!" I smiled hugging him tightly.

"Well....I was told that-"

"Shh....I'm thinking of something" I laughed evilly.

"I think it's a bad idea since Mr. Yasei does need the money and it's also supporting badly injured students" he said looking at the poster of the concert.

"Meh, I'm sure he'll find someone else" I shrugged.

"Ren-"

"Shhh!" I went back to focusing on how to get sick.

~🎆~

Hollis POV

4 years ago....

I smiled sitting beside Mariana Gordon's bed in one of the hospital wards. She woke up smiling weakly holding my hand.

 She woke up smiling weakly holding my hand

"You came back Mr. Yasei" she coughed that made me feel sorry for her.

She got badly injured on a quest with her teammates. The world has became cruel with placing really expensive prices on potions and new versions of spell books so I made the concert to help her and the school.

"Ms. Gordon-"

"Call me Maria" she laughed.

"Maria, your mom called to tell you that she got some medicine to help you until my help comes" I said rubbing her hair.

"You are already helping me sir. Being here" she said with tears in her eyes.

"I'm glad" I chuckled.

She sighed looking out the window beside her then looked at me. "My dad abandoned me when I was younger but at least I have my mom and someone to depend on" she spoke softly while her bangs covered her eyes.

The nurse came in and told me that I should leave due to the visiting times then Mariana waved goodbye to me.

"Please come back" she smiled.

"I will"

Next day....

"I'm sorry sir, she didn't make it" the nurse said on my office phone.

"Thank....you for calling" I said in a shaky tone and hung up.

Tears ran down my cheeks as I slammed my hands against my desk.

I can't lose another student like this....not again...

🔮🔮🔮