Chapter 15 - Detention

Ren POV

Sigh....I thought he was joking....

I sat in the empty classroom bored as fuck with Hollis sitting down at the teacher's desk working out some papers.

I raised my hand. "Can I pee?!" I wined.

He looked very scary smiling evilly with his sharp teeth and his tail standing still.

I take that as a no....

I sat beside him and grabbed his phone without him realizing. I ran back to my seat and whistled pretending I was writing my essay Rain gave me on Dark Spirits.

He doesn't even have a password?!

I laughed silently looking at his pictures of his children when they were younger and his wife hitting on him. I paused looking at a photo of his mother before she died and a picture of his wife playing in mud with his daughter Hana when she was younger.

"Had fun looking through my phone?" he said, looking really pissed off.

He has been hanging out with Jayson for too long....

I chuckled looking at face looking so weird as he got angrier. "Your face isn't use to expressing anger" I smirked, looking at him folding his arms.

"I have a lot of work to-"

He immediately fell asleep unexpected and I poked him to see if he would wake up but he didn't.

I wish sleeping was that easy....

"Rock a by Hollis I don't know the rest of this earth song but it makes you sleepy" I sang softly in his ear.

"Nadia stop" he giggled making kissy faces.

Ew.....need to unsee that...

Time skipped....

I got a black marker and drew whiskers on his face. I pouted looking at Rena in her Māmedia form at the school pool playing with Aquamarine and looked at him again.

I can just reach back here before he wakes up....

I ran to them and heard Rena training Aquamarine. She talked to her about she wants to dye her hair red like Ariel from her favorite Disney movie The Little Mermaid. She caught me spying on her and trembled.

"I like your hair black" I laughed, looking at her blushing extremely.

She went into the water and cane back to the surface with a red crab in her hands. "I'll call him Sebastian" she giggled.

"Wait....did you carry these animals in the pool?" I smiled nervously as she tilted her head to one side while so many fishes swam around the pool.

"I thought they would want to stay near me at my school" she pouted, playing with her fingers.

"I was the same but they can hurt humans and Ningenas then get hurt themselves" I sighed looking at her hugging the crab tightly that seemed to be crushing his shell.

"But.....they are so cute" she sobbed and a freaking shark patted her on the back.

"Sh-Shark?!" I squealed covering my eyes.

"You are afraid of sharks? That's weird big brother" she said, shaking her head.

"One almost tired to fucking kill me when I was younger!" I trembled pointing at him.

"Well Mr. Fisher isn't like that. They are very nice to Māmedias" she sighed, glaring at me.

"I guess they don't like me" I said, rolling my eyes.

She dragged me into the pool and my tail appeared. I swam away from the shark trying to get closer to me. She laughed looking at the fear on my face as I swam faster. She told him to stop when she saw me trying not to cry and curling up into a ball in a corner under the water.

"Ren...I didn't know they scare you that much" she said, looking at me worriedly.

"The shark saved me when I was younger but it still scared me" I sighed, looking at her and the sea animals looking at like I'm going to tell them a bedtime story.

13 years ago.....

I was with my biological parents in the ocean while we picked some seaweed for mom. I wasn't that good at doing that so I kept dragging the sea weed and failing. I cried swimming to my mom and dad sighed showing me how to do it but it still didn't work.

I got distracted by a boat I saw above us and started swimming closer to it.

"Ren!" she screamed, trying to swim to me but her tail was stuck between some corals.

I reached the surface and observed the Ningenas pouring oil in the water. The oil closer to me then a shark chased me away from it...I guess he was trying to save me but his sharp teeth scared me.

"Mommy, Daddy?" I realized I was very far away from my parents after I escaped from the shark.

I cried as my body trembled while I looked for them. "Mommy!" I screamed, feeling very scared.

I went back to the surface and saw another boat. I saw a little girl and her father fishing then she saw me.

"Daddy, a little boy is in the water!" she smiled, pointing at me.

He stared at me trying to speak to them then he casted a spell on me to speak.

"Have....you seen my mommy and daddy?" I asked, them looking at me worriedly.

"Kid....they are gone" he sighed looking at a newspaper with my parents pictures.

"They will come back, sir?"

"No" he said, clenching his fists.

I froze staring at them then swam away from them. I got caught into a fish net and was taken to the aquarium that Kairi and his friends rescued me from.

Back to present day....

"I'm sorry" Rena said, hugging me.

"It's not your fault" I said, forcing a smile.

She smiled snuggling below my chin which made her feel so warm that made me hug her back.

"Thanks Rena" I spoke softly and kissed her forehead.

"Ren!" I heard Hollis sounding very angry.

"Bye!" I smiled nervously transforming back to my Ningena form and ran to him.

🔮🔮🔮

Well here's pictures of how his mom.