Chapter 29 - A Tragic Event

Mia POV

"Get your ice cream here!" I exclaimed, trying to overcome the loud crowd coming towards us.

Ruby is right, we do get a lot of money for selling ice cream at Yōso Academy. Even Hollis bought...a lot and Aoi bought one for his mom. It's surprising that people bought after that snow storm.

A little girl and boy who seemed to be from Koneko Tribe with their ears and tails came through the gate. The boy ran to me and wagged his tail and drooled, looking at the ice cream.

"You want one?' I laughed.

His expression faded away and sadness covered his face. " I don't...have money" he spoke softly.

I noticed his worn out clothes and messy hair with scars on his skin.

The girl slammed a lot of money in my hand. "I'm paying for him. I'm too old for ice cream" she sighed.

"No one is too old for ice cream" I smiled softly, ruffling her hair.

I gave them both a cone of ice cream and gave her back the money. She looked it the money then at me.

"I paid-"

"It's okay. You are too cute to be here alone with your little friend" I chuckled.

"I'm not cute, peasant" she glared at me and blushed a little.

He smiled nervously, apologizing to me for her behavior. "The princess isn't-"

"Princess?!" I screamed.

She kicked me in my leg. "Yes, I'm one, you fucking siren" she said angrily.

"So cool" I grunted.

Wait...aren't I one too?

She's cuter and plush size!

She have me an picture of Hana and blushed extremely, puffing her cheeks. "Have you seen...this woman?" she asked.

"Yes, she's our Physical Education teacher and my friend" I said, looking at the thumbnail at the bottom showing she got it from Google.

Hana's famous!

I led them to Hana's office. We sat before her at her desk. She smiled nervously, looking at the little girl glaring at her. They were still licking on their ice creams and I could hear purring from the girl.

"So....what are your names children?" she laughed nervously.

"I'm Evan Inu" the boy smiled.

"I'm not telling you mine" the girl scoffed.

"It's okay if you don't like telling strangers your name. Your parents must be proud of you" Hana smiled weirdly.

"Parents that won't tell me what's going on" the girl mumbled.

"What do you-"

The girl started crying without realizing it then cried harder and screamed, wiping her tears. "Father...something is wrong with him and I'm coming to you wizards for help. I betrayed him" she hiccupped.

Evan hugged her but she was stretching out her hands at Hana. Hana and I looked at each other, wondering what's going on then at her.

"Is it true you are my mother?" the girl spoke softly then Hana choked on air.

"I'm a lonely woman...with cats. I know I may look like one but I'm not" Hana smiled nervously, zipping up her track suit.

"Katsuko was right. He did remove your memories" the girl sighed.