Chapter 17 - The Business Quest part 2

Ren POV

I woke up smiling at Ara sleeping on me in the bath. I finally got back my legs but still haven't gotten back my voice. I yarned stretching out my arms then held her in my arms. She woke up rubbing her tired eyes then kissed me on the cheek.

"Good morning, Uncle Renny" she whispered.

I nodded and placed her in the living room sofa. She pouted looking at me glaring at the scales on my arms.

"I want to hear your voice again," she wined. I chuckled shaking my head and patted her head. She looked at me worriedly and folded her arms. "Where is mommy, daddy and your friends?" she asked, tilting her head to one side.

I started panicking trying to find everyone else in the house. She patted my leg and pointed at Kairi's note.

"We will be back soon. Please take care of Ara for me" he wrote on the note.

I heard the front door swung open. I dragged her closer to me and created an ice shield. The shield disappeared then Diana appeared looking at me seriously.

 The shield disappeared then Diana appeared looking at me seriously

"Where's Kairi?" she questioned us.

"Daddy isn't here" Ara sighed.

Diana glared at me. "You can speak dumbass?" she asked rolling her eyes.

I shook my head then she told Ryan to come in. He smiled waving to us.

She showed us a news report on her phone

"His wife company has been completely destroyed...nothing is left behind but memories" she sighed feeling sorry for Kairi and Miku.

"That's why we came here to help. This quest is becoming too dangerous so I came here" he said, tickling Ara. He pouted looking at Diana. "Why I can't have a child of my own with you?" he smirked afterwards as she blushed.

"Shut up!" she screamed closing her eyes tightly.

He laughed when she went outside and kicked a tree. He showed me the location of Kairi and the others. "Can...you still fight?" he smiled nervously.