Chapter 38 - Taken Away

Mia POV

Finally!

I was back into my normal form but with my wings still appearing.

For the whole school day, Ren wasn't there. I heard from Shawn and Adam that he has been staying in his bed and sobbing. Not being his usual self.

Aoi, Ruby and I visited his room with seaweed treats that I know that will make him happy.

He was crying, under his blanket. Aoi and I struggled, dragging the blanket away from him.

"Come on, Ren!" I wined.

"Leave..me alone" he said dryly.

"We will give you hugs" Aoi pouted.

"I don't want any" Ren hiccupped.

Ruby caught him off guard, dragging off the blanket off him. He look really terrible with bags under his eyes and messy hair.

"Oh...shit. You look terrible" Ruby smiled nervously.

"Captain Obvious" he sighed.

We covered our noise after we smelt his fish like breath. "Your breath sinks" Aoi laughed.

I slapped his arm.

"Ren, it's not the end of the world if you aren't a Great Water wizard. You...could work at the aquarium, water parks-"

"You are just making me feel worse" he said angrily.

I took out the seaweed treats and gave him. He ate them like a wild animal and looked so cute with sparkling eyes, looking at us.

Food solves everything...

The door was swung open. Elisa smiled proudly, pointing her friend at him. "I'm going to make you the strongest wizard ever!"

"Yay" he said in a bored tone.

"Don't be like that!" she wined.

I couldn't stop looking at her baby bump as she was telling him 'inspirational' words.

"You can't train me while you are fucking pregnant" Ren said, rolling his eyes.

She hesitated then Hollis entered the room. Ren hid under his blanket and trembled.

"Ren...I'm sorry" Hollis smiled nervously.

Ren didn't reply but we could hear him crying. Hollis hurt his feelings very badly. I have never seen him like this.

"Hollis, you hurt little Ren's feelings" Elisa pouted.

Hollis sat on the side of Ren's bed. "I know...you won't accept my apology yet but I want you to know that, I really care about you..that's why I was so angry when you went on the Great Wizard quest" he chuckled.

"I just wanted to be like you" Ren muttered.

Hollis took the blanket from him. We noticed Ren had a large scar on his back and blood stains surrounded it.

"You got hurt and you didn't say anything!" Hollis growled.

"I'm not important anymore. I never was" Ren sighed.

He covered himself with the blanket again but this time he was quite. Elisa carried Aoi, Ruby and I outside the room.

"We need to boost his confidence" she said, rubbing her baby bump.

"Yeah, he's normally overconfident and boasting about himself" I sighed.

"We are his friends so this is easy for us" Aoi smirked.

We turned around and witnessed Jared smirking at us. Elisa went infront of us and glared at him.

"Leave, now!" she said angrily.

His eyes shun as he looked at Ren's door. "I need a successor for thrown since that bitch took my daughter away from me" he said through his gritted teeth. "A depressed boy will be easy to convince"

"Leave Ren alone" I glared at him.

He teleported inside the room. We ran inside to see Hollis fighting him away from Ren. Ren was already turned into a child and his eyes showed that Jared is trying to control him. I grabbed Ren and hugged him.

"Ren...don't listen to him" I wiped his tears running his cheeks.

"Uncle Hollis....hates me" he said slowly.

"No he doesn't!"

Jared smirked, teleporting Ren to him. He held Ren in his arms and smiled to himself. "Shh....daddy is here. I'll not make that horrible man come near you again" he said softly.

"Daddy" Ren hiccupped.

No....

Hollis screamed angrily. "You son of a!-"

"Shh....we don't want any cursing around little Ren" Jared chuckled.

He disappeared then Hollis fell to his knees. There was completed silence as he held his chest tightly.

"This is all my fault. I hurt his feelings and now....Jared has him" Hollis shuttered.

"Hollis-"

"Need to get him back" he said boldly.

We nodded in agreement.

🔮🔮🔮