Chapter 37 - A Great Wizard Quest part 2

Asami POV

Shit. I didn't think it would be this hard.

Ren and I ran to the ran to the Rock monster. I controlled fire at at it and Ren froze it's legs which was a bad idea. I melted the ice accidentally then he glared at me.

I'm such an idiot...

The monster smashed the ground with his fist, making heavily winds. Ren and I crashed into a building. He got up but I noticed the gem around his neck cracked.

That can't be good...

"Ren!" I stopped him.

"What!" he said angrily.

"You can't fight. If that gems break you will lose your legs" I held his hand.

"People are dying out there!"

He ran away, leaving me alone in the building.

Come on think...think...

The rest of the team members were fighting the monster. Alica was grabbed by it then ripped into half.

No....this is too dangerous. Mr. Yasei was right. This is only for professionals. One of us died already, gruesomely.

It grabbed Ren then I moved right in without thinking.

What am I doing...?

Fire surrounded my arms and I felt a little different. I was moving at an amazing speed. Tears ran down my cheeks as I tried to reach in time before anything happens to him.

A large sharp ice went through it's chest and the lighting monster was...not moving.

Myself and my teammates turned our eyes at our angry principal and Elisa Edwin, a great Lightning wizard.

Ren fell out of the monster's hand then fell on top of me.

"Ouch...." I groaned.

Mr. Yasei ordered us to the school bus in a harsh tone.

Elisa looked at us worriedly. "They are just kids-"

"Please, Elisa. I don't want to hear any of this" he said angrily.

"Geez....did you and Jayson switch bodies?" she smiled nervously.

We sat in the bus and looked up at him. We felt horrible.

"Are you trying to kill yourselves! One of you students died out there already and...you still fought!" he said boldly.

"Because the people needed-"

"Ren please don't let me get angrier at you. I trusted you like a son then....you joined them without trying to talk them out of it"

We became silent then Ren spoke again. "I was just trying out if I'm a Great Water-"

"You're not and you don't qualify for it anyway!" Mr. Yasei said through his sharp gritted teeth.

Ren froze, staring at him. "No...I-"

"I'm sorry, Wyatt was chosen, not you. Now stop keeping your hopes up and causing others in danger" Mr. Yasei said coldly.

We witnessed tears running down Ren's cheeks. He wiped his tears and looked up at Mr. Yasei.

"You know that hurts to be hearing that from a person I look up to...who I wanted to be like. Hollis Yasei, a Great Water wizard" he shuttered.

"Face reality, kid. Congratulations, Ms. Iro. You are a Great Fire wizard" Mr. Yasei said with an emotionless face.

Elisa glared at him then looked at us in a concerned way. She patted Ren's shoulder but he pushed her away from him. He went to the back of the bus from everyone.

"Let's go back" Mr. Yasei growled.

Ren was crying silently by himself, holding his mother shell.

Poor Ren....

~🐈~

Ren POV

Face reality, kid.

Hollis' word repeated in my head as I tried to sleep in my room. I couldn't. He didn't believe in me.

10 years ago....

I ran down the grassy hill with Hollis chasing me. I giggled, sticking out my tongue out at him. I fell over a rock and got a big bruise on my knees. I cried and screamed, rubbing them.

"Shh...it's okay" he smiled nervously.

"It hurts, Uncle Hollis" I hiccupped.

He controlled some water on them to heal. It felt calm and nice. I smiled at him then he patted my head.

"I wanna be a Great Water wizard, like you" I smiled softly.

"You can, because you will be a wonderful one" he laughed.

I tried to control water at him but miserably failed. I was soaked and he held in his laughter.

"Not funny" I pouted.

"You remind me of the first time I tried. It didn't go well either. I froze my dad's arm" he chuckled.

"I wanna hear more about you!" I giggled.

"I don't think you want to"

"Yes, sir!"

"Ren-"

"Uncle Hollis is strong and brave"

Present day...

I was too gullible. I'm pathetic and stupid.

~🐈~

Hollis POV

"Why did you say that?" I turned around at Elisa glaring at me.

"It just came out. I'm sorry, I want to apologize to him...I just got worried he would kill himself" I said, clenching my fists.

"If anything, he's just like Nadia. When he sees people in trouble, he wants to help even if he dies but he looks on the bright side" she said, folding her arms.

She suddenly clenched her teeth then smiled nervously. I looked at her small baby bump. She's not handling it well....

"Elisa, I'll call Zuri" I sighed.

"I'm staying here until these kids are okay, until Ren is okay" she said boldly. "I'll prove to him he doesn't need to be a Great Water wizard to be awesome" she smirked.

"Elisa-"

"You hurt his feelings so I'm going build his confidence again and you are going to help" she smiled proudly.

"Fine" I glared at her.

"Hollis Ghana Yasei, trust me" she winked.

"Wait..how did you know my-"

"I have my ways" she said, patting my back vigorously.

😺😺😺