Chapter 40 - Family Time

Ren POV

"Ren, wake up" I heard Hana's voice.

I found myself in Hollis' guest room bed. Hana and Hollis were looking at me worriedly.

"Take some of this medicine. You look terrible" he smiled nervously, holding a bowl of liquid medicine to me glaring at him.

"I'm not taking anything from you, old man" I scoffed.

"Please, I called your parents. They will be coming here soon and Kairi" he sighed.

I slowly took it from him then drank it. It tasted horrible and felt weird going down my throat.

"My mom's recipe" he laughed nervously.

"Shit...I think my stomach died" I groaned.

I noticed Aquamarine asleep beside me. She had tears on her eyelashes. Hana rubbed Aqua's hair to back. "She saved me from Jared but she hasn't stopped crying"

"She killed him" Hollis said, not looking at anyone.

Oh....

I patted Aquamarine's hair. "It's not your fault your father turned evil...and stuff" I said slowly.

She woke up, crying. "Mommy, I'm sorry" she cried harder.

"Shh...calm down" Hana hugged her.

"I'm so scared" Aquamarine sobbed.

Evan came in the room, with a tray of cookies. "Bad timing?" he giggled.

She ran to him and stuffed her mouth with the cookies. He blushed, watching her smiling at her as she chewed them.

"I see you like playing with the children around here on earth" Hollis smiled at him.

"I like fetching!" Evan smiled proudly.

"Ugh! Dogs" Aquamarine rolled her eyes.

I smirked, pointing at Hollis. "You almost cursed"

Hana and Aquamarine laughed. "Really?"

He blushed extremely, glaring at me. "What's the big deal about it?"

"You don't" I chuckled.

"I can curse. Fuck....you" he puffed up his cheeks.

We were rolling on the floor and laughing really hard at him.

"You sounded so weird!" Aquamarine coughed from laughing.

"Stop teasing me!" he wined.

~🎆~

I sighed, looking at my parents and Kairi glaring at me in Hollis' living room.

"You almost died" Peter said boldly.

"And?" I raised my eyebrow.

Kairi folded his arms and shook his head. "You should be-

I jumped on him and started fighting him. He fought back then punched me in the face. Nelson parted us and looked at us angrily. "What the fuck is wrong with you guys?!"

Kairi and I didn't look at each other.

"You guys are biological brothers. You are...the only real family you got" Peter said then disappointment showed on his face.

Kairi and I looked at him worriedly. "You guys are our real family too" we said together.

"Come on, you guys know you are adopted" Nelson smiled nervously then frowned.