Chapter 9 - Catherine has a what now?!

Ren POV

Aoi and Ruby smiled nervously looking at Mia and I not talking while we were in the cafeteria. I ate my food slowly and tried not to look at her. She looked very depressed and emotionless.

Rain slammed my notebook in my head and looked scary glaring at me. "What is this shit?" she asked angrily.

"My hard work Thunderstorm" I said rolling my eyes.

She sat beside me and opened it with my assignment.

5 marks..ha! I didn't get zero marks...

"Ren, I know you have great potential in Spiritual Education since you were younger. Now tell me what the fuck happened?" she demanded slamming her hands against the table.

"I guess people change" I sighed slurping my drink.

Aoi gulped as his mother glare at him. "Care to tell me what happened son?" she chuckled looking at the fear on his face.

"Well....mom...mommy, I-I love you" he trembled.

"I know that sweety. Now-"

"Ren told the spirits to leave him alone" he said quickly then covered his mouth.

I'm seriously going to hurt him in the face when his mother leaves. I glared at him avoiding to look at me and hid behind Ruby.

"Why would you do that Ren?!" Rain asked looking at me worriedly.

"Because I don't want to be seen as a weird person again especially Rika keeps taking my body" I said angrily. I got up from my seat and left them with my unfinished food.

"You're always a freak" I heard a voice say.

"You can say that again" I sighed.

"But nothing is wrong with being a freak....."

I looked around to see who it was but I saw nothing then continued my way to my room.

~🎆~

Catherine POV

I sighed placing my feet on Mrs. Stevenson's desk and popped my gum several times to annoy her.

"Catherine...you're all grown" she smiled nervously looking at me raising my eyebrow.

"Yeah, could you tell someone to fetch me a bottle of water? Geez....this room isn't cool enough. Is your air conditioner broken?" I said rolling my eyes.

"It was like yesterday you came here as a sweet 7 year old" she smiled softly as her right eye twitched.

"I'm not a kid anymore. I'm 20 years old now....dad keeps not realizing that. He tells me I can't go to bars and hit on men but I did anyway," I smirked looking at the disappointment on her face. "without him knowing" I snickered.

She carefully placed my feet on the floor and folded her arms. "I need your help with a student" she sighed looking at the boredom displayed on my face.

"Ugh....what is it?"

"Ren Guinevere.....Kairi's brother has stopped talking to the spirits and I want you to train him to do it again. You are an A+ student" she said boldly.

"No thanks. Don't do that anymore" I said getting out of my seat.

Why does everyone expect me to act like my 7 year old self? I'm an adult now...and nobody can see that.

She firmly grabbed my hand and asked me again to help her.

"Fine. But I won't be easy on him" I said sounding annoyed.