Chapter 16

Today is the day that they are leaving for England. Mona and Dane are taking one more look around their empty apartment where they spent four years. They had a lot of memories at the place, both sad and happy. This abrupt change in their lives sank in just now that they are finally leaving. Mona is wondering if she made the right decision in agreeing on this and if she was right when he let a man into her life and gave him her heart after everything that happened in the past. I really hope not. She thought.

They both heaved a sigh and hugged each other. "This is it lovey." Dane whispered. "Yeah. God be with us." Mona whispered back. They left the apartment holding hands. The van to take them to the airport is waiting for them outside. The prince and the rest of his detail left in a different van since Mona and Dane needed to pick up their luggages at their apartment. They will just meet them at the private plane that will take them to England. Once they got in the van and the van started moving, Mona remembered something and panicked.

"Hanna said that I'm going to be a model when I get to England...and...and...being the prince's girlfriend, my face will always be appearing on papers or in social media...in fact..OMG Dane! In fact there were already many photos of us from the events that are out in social media...could it be in....Dane...OMG they will find me soon enough!" Mona said in panic, she is breathing really hard that Dane think she is about to have a panic attack. This happened a lot before everytime she remembers what happened in the past.

"Sshhhh calm down, lovey. The prince will protect you. Don't worry." Dane said, rubbing Mona's back to comfort her. She is now as worried as Mona, she haven't thought of this too when they agreed to this. She silently prayed that the people from Mona's past won't find her and if they do, the prince will do something to protect her.

"You have no idea what they are capable of Dane. I don't think anybody could protect me once they find me, not even the prince." Mona said, now crying and trembling.

"Ssshhh they won't find you. Let's talk to Hanna and the prince about arranging another job for you but I don't think it will help at all in hiding your face since the reason that we are in this arrangement is for the prince to show you to the world but we'll figure out something, okay? Don't cry please." Dane said sympathetically, feeling like crying too. She knows how horrible the things that these people in Mona's life did to her. So even she, is scared for Mona.

"You don't want your prince to worry if he sees you with swollen eyes, do you?" Dane added, trying to make Mona smile. Mona relaxed and tried to compose herself.

"You're right. I don't want him to ever know about my past Dane. I don't think he will look at me the same once he finds out." Mona said silently.

"But Mona, you will have to tell him eventually. If he really loves you, he will accept you and will not mind what happened in the past." Dane said in a serious tone.

They hugged each other and realized, they are now arriving at the airport. When the van parked near the private plane, two cabin crews approached the van and opened the door for them. They greeted them, took their luggages and guided them towards the plane.

"Hi princess, I've missed you." Harry greeted Mona with a kiss and a hug just as Mona entered the plane. Donald greeted Dane awkwardly, which made Harry and Mona smile. Hanna is watching Harry and Mona with that suspicious look again, which Harry and Mona just ignored.

"Ready to go? Have you said goodbye to all your admirers and suitors?" Harry asked Mona in a teasing tone. Mona laughed and elbowed him. They haven't talk since the night at the bar. Harry's schedule the following day was so full and he let Mona and Dane pack and settle everything.