Chapter 20

Mona woke up feeling strange. Today is the beginning of everything. She went to bed feeling so happy and loved but woke up feeling worried and the fears she's been trying to fight back came back. She doesn't know what will happen today but she felt like it's not going to be good. Her bedroom door opened, revealing Jane and Mary. She checked the time at the bedside table clock and it was already 8:00 o'clock in the morning. Daym I overslept. She thought.

"Good morning Miss Moonlight." The two said together.

"Good morning ladies." Mona said, smiling.

"We brought your breakfast, you may eat now while we prepare your bath and your wardrobe." Jane said smiling sweetly. Mona wanted to protest and say she can do all that by herself but she knew the two will insist because they were given this job.

"Okay. Thank you." Mona said instead and got out of bed to eat her breakfast by the window. She's surprised to see a traditional Filipino breakfast in front of her. There's corned beef, sausages, sunny side up egg, slices of tomatoes and fruits, and fried rice. Then there's fresh orange juice and coffee. She looked at Mary, who's smiling sweetly, obviously waiting for her reaction.

"We thought you might miss home already so we asked Monica to try to prepare a Filipino breakfast." Mary said smiling.

"Awww thank you so much Mary. This is a lot tho. I'll make sure to thank Monica later." Mona said smiling sweetly, before eating. Mary just smiled.

"Is Chiqui here already?" Mona remembered to ask.

"Yes Miss. She's outside waiting for you." Mary answered smiling.

"Oh alright, then. I must hurry." Mona said half laughing.

"You don't have to Miss. You can take your time." Mary said nicely. Mona smiled on her politeness.

Just as Mona finished eating, Jane came out of the bathroom to tell her that her bath is ready. This whole scene felt so familiar...she just nodded before entering the bathroom and brushed her teeth once inside.

All through her bath, she wondered how this day will go. Harry hasn't called yet, she wondered what he's doing right now and if he will call to check on her. She haven't gotten the phone that Hanna said that will be given to her for use yet and she doesn't have Harry's mobile number so she couldn't initiate the first move of contacting him. She misses him already eventhough they were together just hours ago.

When she finished her bath and got out of the bathroom in the white robe that Jane prepared for her, the two ladies are signaling her to sit down in front of the vanity table. Mary started drying her hair while Jane went to the shelf with casual clothes. When she came back, she brought a brown leather skirt with a side slit paired with a brown turtle neck, long sleeves cropped top. She then went to the jewelry sets and brought back a gold layered necklace. Then she picked a brown heels with a long string that goes around the knee. Mona couldn't help but admired her taste. She felt excited to wear them.

When Mary finished drying and setting Mona's hair, she started doing her make up. Mona wanted so much to tell her that she can do it by herself but held her tongue so she just let her finish. Mary is good and Mona was satisfied with her work. She looked really beautiful. Jane signaled her to put on the wardrobe she chose, excitement was all over her face. Mona put on the wardrobe and was amazed of how good it looked on her and how it fits.