Chapter 51

A/N:

Hi guys, starting this chapter, I will be writing in Harry & Mona's individual POVs. This is to give more emphasis on how they feel individually.

Thanks! Enjoy reading and don't forget to vote and recommend my stories to your friends.
——————————————————————

Harry's POV

I don't know if it's just me, but Mona really looks hurt. She is sitting across me and Isabella in the limo. She faced the window and avoided looking at us but before she did, I saw the pain in her teary eyes. Isabella and our friends decided to continue partying at our favorite bar in downtown London and since I sent Mona's driver home, we have to drop her off at her apartment on our way.

I don't know why I sent her driver home, maybe I was hoping to bring her home myself but that changed when I remember what happened a month ago, when I went to her apartment to talk to her. Her laughter, what she was wearing and...Alex laughing with her....it just confirmed all the write-ups about them in the tabloid. It was too painful to know that she has moved on. I know it was all my fault but I never thought she'd forget about me that fast. Maybe I was right, she was just using me and she didn't really love me.

I have been working so hard to forget and erase that scenario in my head but when I saw her tonight...it started replaying in my head again and the pain that almost killed me came rushing back. I flew back to Australia that day, determined to forget about her and let her be happy with Alex...and I tried moving on with my life. I started reconnecting with friends, including Isabella, and they did help me move on and forget about her.

Yes...I thought I have forgotten about her but I guess I was wrong. Seeing her tonight really hurts. I missed her so bad that when I saw her smiling when she arrived, looking so beautiful, I wanted so much to run to her and hug and kiss her hungrily. It took almost all my strength to control the urge to be intimate with her and to glare at the men in the room who were staring at her. If I didn't leave her side, I would have given in.

I felt guilty for leaving her side but I had to, otherwise I'd look like a fool again. Isabella became so clingy when I joined our group and that really ruined my mood. It wasn't my plan but when I noticed Mona's glances, I had to show her that I've moved on too, even if it meant using Isabella.

When I saw her leaving while I was dancing with Isabella, I wasn't able to stop myself from following her. I left Isabella in the middle of the dance floor just to catch up with her. Ugh! It's been almost three months since our break up and I'm still in love with her...after everything that happened and I hate knowing it!

I didn't expect Isabella to kiss me in front of her though...this added to my uneasiness. But did it really hurt Mona? Why?! Is she jealous? But she had already moved on with another prince! I always knew that Alex is attracted to her. I knew this when I found them at the palace's garden during mum's charity ball. I know Alex very well, we've been friends for a long time. He's a good man and that's probably why it hurts my ego that Mona chose him over me. To be honest, I think he's more deserving to have her.

I already know why Mona had to hide her true identity and I also found out everything that happened to her and her family. This added to all of my pain and guilt. I was quick to judge her. I just don't like to be lied to. Despite all this, I couldn't stop myself from getting jealous and for wanting to show her that I've moved on too. When she called me "Your Highness" earlier, it escalated the urge to show her that I am indeed a prince and I can have any woman in the world to replace her.

But now, here I am, staring at her. Confused and worried that she might think I didn't love her and I replaced her with the woman that my mother wanted. Isn't this what you want? My annoying inner voice interfered again. I really don't know what's going on anymore. All I know is I am not yet ready to let her go tonight.

"Hey Mona..." I called out to her and she slowly looked at me. She tried to force a smile but her eyes looks so sad.

"Yes, Your Highness?"

"You're coming with us."

She froze. She looks like she's debating on what to say.

"I'm sorry your highness but I can't. Dane is waiting for me...and..."

"It's non-negotiable sweetheart. As my hired girlfriend, you need to be where I am. This will save us from another speculation from the press that we broke up. I'm pretty sure there are paparazzis at that bar. They knew I like hanging out in there." I said, highlighting the word 'sweetheart', and without letting her finish her lame excuse. She just stared at me and nodded.

My heart ached at how miserable she looked but it also kicked my ego. Is it because she can't stand being around me anymore? Am I that unimportant to her now? She looked away again and took her phone from her purse. She's probably texting Dane or maybe she's texting Alex. My jealousy kicked in again.

"Who are you texting? Is Alex in town? You can invite him if you want."

"I have no idea if he's in town and no...it's not him I'm texting. I am texting Dane to let her know I won't be home early." Irritation is evident in her voice and I don't know why. My brain is not processing what she said so I just looked away. Isabella laid her head on my shoulder and I really felt like throwing her out of the car. She is starting to upset me with all this clinginess. We're just friends so she isn't supposed to act this way.

"Good! I just wanted you to know that it's fine with me if you invite him. He's a friend after all."

"If you say so, Your Highness."

"And what is that supposed to mean?"

"It simply means that I will invite him next time. If that's what makes you happy." The hurt that I saw in her eyes earlier is now replaced with anger and irritation and that confused me even more.

"You two need to stop talking to each other. There are no press people in here." Isabella's irritated voice interrupted us. I looked at her in disbelief and I saw Mona looked away again. I was about to get angry at Isabella when the limo stopped, which signalled that we arrived at our destination.

We all came out of the car and Mona was the one to come out last. Isabella glued herself to me. She placed her right arm around my arm while we're walking. I glanced at Mona and she's walking behind us, looking down. She looks stupid following us like a puppy and that just broke my heart. I wanted to wait for her and hold her hand but I had to stop myself. As soon as we got in, we were led to the VIP area, our usual spot. Mona sat at the very end corner, away from us. The way she looked worries me. She looked...pained. I couldn't stop myself from going to her to check if she's okay.

"Are you alright? You look pale...are you feeling sick?" I asked, trying to hide the worry in my voice.

"I'll be fine. Go have fun with your real girlfriend. Don't mind me. Pretend that I'm not here...YOUR HIGHNESS." She answered, her voice is full of pain and just like that...my mind became messed up and my heartbeat is skyrocketing. She is jealous...I'm pretty sure of that now.

A/N:

Hey loveys! I know this isn't a good chapter 🙈. I'm so distracted. Crazy schedules but I had to update 'coz I love you all! Your comments and votes means so much!