Chapter 47

Harry is busy with paperworks when Isabella barged in his suite. He wanted to drag her out of the room when he saw her. He hates it when she comes unannounced.

"I'm busy Isabella. What do you want?"

"Awww come on! We haven't talked for weeks. Are you avoiding me Harry?"

"Did you bother me just to ask that?"

"No, but why are you so rude to me lately? What did I do?"

"Isabella...I don't have time for your drama. You can leave now if you have nothing important to say."

"Fine! I actually just came to show you this." Isabella said before throwing a tabloid on Harry's desk. Harry gritted his teeth but took a look at it anyway. He froze when he saw the large photo on the frontpage.

"Looks like she found her next victim." Isabella said half laughing. Harry didn't like what she said.

"Get out! Next time, if you need to see me, make an appointment, you understand?" Harry said rudely.

Isabella froze. She is not used to how Harry is treating her lately. When she recovered, she immediately left the room. She couldn't help but get hurt and her tears started falling when she got to her suite. This is all Mona's fault. She thought angrily.

When Isabella left the suite, Harry looked at the tabloid again. He intently stared at the photo of Mona and Alex. The two looked so happy and are both laughing. It was taken at their favorite restaurant. Harry used to bring her there because they both love Italian food. Harry didn't bother reading the caption. He tore it into pieces and he banged his fists on his desk. All the papers that he was working on went flying all over the room. He is furious. It has been just more than a month and it angered him that Mona is already hanging out with another guy...worse...with another prince. He had this hope that she was true to her love for him. He gave her the benefit of the doubt but she just proved him wrong again. This can't be! She can't do this! In the eyes of the public, she is still my girlfriend! He murmured angrily.

He took his phone and dialed Hanna's number. He needs to go back to England now. It's time to face Mona and make her see who she's messing with. I'll show her what she deserves for playing with my feelings. He thought.

"Hanna...did you see that tabloid about Mona and Alex?"

"Yes, I did. I'm working on it Harry."

"How did this happen? She is making me look like a fool!"

"I understand what you mean. I already spoke to her about it. She said it wasn't what it looked like. They just bumped into each other in the restaurant and she wasn't alone with him. Dane was there too. Her guards verified her statement..."

"I don't care! Tell her to behave herself! Doesn't she had enough of making me look like a fool?"

"Harry, I know you're upset but she didn't do anything this time. You know how the press works. You know better."

"If she wasn't hanging out with him, there will be no picture of them together! So it's her doing! She should know better! She's just really out to mess with me!"

"Ugh! There's no point talking to you if you're like this Harry. I'm going to hang up now. I'll clean this up so don't worry."

"Yes! Clean it up! Start doing your job! This was your idea to put her in my life so make sure she behaves herself and not damage my image even more...the image that you were trying so hard to fix and the very reason why you hired her!"

"I'll pretend I didn't hear that. Bye Harry." Hanna hung up before Harry could say something back. She's starting to get mad at him. She wasn't fond of his relationship with Mona before but she didn't like how Harry handles their problem. He disappeared on her without even letting her explain and now he's upset that she was hanging out with someone else.

Harry became more upset when Hanna hung up on him. He threw his phone on the wall and it fell on the floor in pieces. He started pacing back and forth in the room. Why are you so upset? Are you jealous? You said you don't care about her anymore. You said she can do whatever the hell she wants as long as she stays away from you, remember? His inner voice said. He couldn't take it anymore. He decided to go back to England that very moment.

As soon as his plane landed at the airport, he instructed his guard to take him to Mona's apartment. He really needs to face her and if he won't do it right now, he might change his mind.

"Wait here." Harry told his guard when they arrived at Mona's apartment. He checked the time on his watch and it was already 8:00 in the evening. The lights in Mona's room is still on so he is sure that she's still awake. When Francis and Stan saw him, they greeted him and let him in. As soon as he got in, Mona's beautiful singing voice along with a melody from an acoustic guitar filled his ears. He felt a kick in his heart as he realized how much he missed the sound of her voice. She's singing beautifully and he didn't notice when he closed his eyes and listened to what she was singing.

🎶 I've been looking in the wrong place
Couldn't see what I've always known
I was facing the wrong way
I missed it all, I missed it all
I don't care what they all say
Let me find my own way home
I don't care if my heart breaks
All I want is love

Hope
You're just a name that I hold close
There when I needed you the most
And you brought me here
Where I can learn to love myself
Without the love of someone else 🎶

Harry opened his eyes when Mona stopped singing. Her singing is now replaced with soft sobs. Harry's heart felt like it's being ripped off. Listening to her sobs hurts him so bad. He didn't notice the tears that are now also flowing freely from his eyes. But why? Why are you crying Mona? And why am I feeling this way? I'm supposed to be mad at you! Damn it Mona! He thought angrily.

"I can't do this...not today." He said quietly before running back outside the apartment. He told Francis and Stan not to mention to anyone in the apartment that he came. He lied telling them that he will come back to surprise Mona.

He instructed his guard to bring him to the bar that he usually went to. He badly needs alcohol to numb the pain that he is feeling. He feels so miserable. Seeing Mona's state earlier confused him. The lyrics of the song that she was singing kept on playing inside his head. He needs time to think. All of a sudden, he regretted how he treated her.

***Don't forget to vote, comment, add this to your reading list, share to your friends and follow me for more upcoming stories. I am grateful for your support, loveys! ~Aireen