Chapter 55

Harry's POV

Mona looked so sexy in her tank top and skimpy shorts. Her perfect curves and long legs are on display and it made my hormones go in riot. I missed her so much. I missed making love with her...kissing her and cuddling with her. Every night I imagined all those times in Mykonos when we made love several times in a day. It was the happiest days of my life and I ruined it all by misjudging her. I feel like scooping her into my arms right now but when I noticed the way she looked at me, I froze. She is looking at me with murderous eyes. This is the first time that I ever saw her look at me like this...which confirmed my suspicion. She now hates me...but who wouldn't after what I showed her last night? Aaahhh if only I can turn back time.

Roses are her favorites, especially the pink ones, but it seemed to not impress her at all eventhough I brought almost the entire plantation. I knew this won't be easy but I am prepared to face all the consequences of my stupidity.

"Can I talk to you, your highness?" Donald asked. His tone is annoyed and I can't blame him for not treating me as his friend anymore after how I spoke to him last time. I tried handing the bouquet to Mona but she looked away so I just placed it on the console table near the dining room door before following Donald. I looked at her one more time but she didn't even bother looking at me. I glanced at Dane, who also looks like she wants to murder me. I continued walking towards Donald in the living room.

"What are you doing?" He hissed.

"Trying to apologize for all the crap that I put her through, is that bad?" I answered in an annoyed tone.

"Oh yes it is! After what you showed her last night, you have the nerve to do this now?"

"It was a mistake. I know.. but I was just upset when I saw her. It brought back all the pain..and.."

"It wasn't enough that you left her in the middle of the room to be with Isabella...you made her look like a fool...lost and alone!"

"I know that, alright?! That's why I am here...I will face all the consequences and try to win her back...I love her. I can't stand it anymore...I need her back!"

"Well...you're an asshole! That's what you are!"

"I know I am. I'm sorry for what I said to you last time. You were right, okay? But you know that I truly love her Donald...among all people, you knew that!"

"Yes...but you're too late..."

"What do you mean? Because of Alex?"

"You should leave now. You are about to ruin something again!" He said before turning his back.

What did he mean? I don't think I can leave without getting answers. I followed him back to the dining room. Dane and Mona are now eating. Mona is sitting with her back on the door and she is giggling to what Dane said to her and it's just music to my ears. I didn't know how much I missed her giggles and laughter until just now. Donald joined them and I felt like an outsider. I am so jealous that my heart ached so much. Dane looked up and saw me. She looked at Donald who also looked at my direction.

"Your highness, I thought you left already."

"Yes, I was just gonna say goodbye to the ladies." I said sadly. I saw a hint of sadness on how Donald looked at me but he didn't say anything. I was surprised when Mona turned her head to look at me too.

"Your highness, come join us. We actually have room for one more. I have something to tell you anyway."

I smiled like an idiot and I didn't care. I went to the empty seat on her right, across Donald, who is looking at Mona in disbelief. Dane looked pained but they both did not disagree.

"Thank you Moonlight."

"Uh I prefer to be called Mona...I appreciate it if you stop calling me by my full name." She said politely but not looking at me.

"But I had permission to call you by your full name...so..."

"Call me Mona please..." She said cutting me off ang looking straight to my eyes with the sexiest smile ever. Her eyes are pierced to the deepest of my soul. Eventhough she's smiling, I can see the pain and sadness in them.

"Alright then...this looks delicious..." I said excitedly, trying to ignore the awkwardness in the room.

"It is. Mona made it." Donald said, trying to ease the tension in the room. I took some pasta and tried it. It's so delicious. The best pasta I have ever tried in my life.

"Wow...this is really good. I didn't know you're a great cook, princess!" I exclaimed...everyone in the table froze and I realized why...I just called her princess. I remember her giggles before whenever I call her that and now, she looks so sad that I wanted to cut out my tongue for accidentally calling her that now.

"Sorry...been a habit...I meant...Mona." She nodded and continued eating.

"It just really tastes so good. You're a great cook."

"Yup...you should've known that already when you tasted what I made for you in Mykonos. It was even tastier than this." She said jokingly but I can sense a hint of sarcasm. Ugh! How many times do I have to embarrass myself today? I can take it all though...as long as I'm near her.

"Yeah...about that. I really want to talk to you about it. Can I invite you to...."

"No! There was nothing left to talk about.." She hissed, not letting me finished. When she realized her tone. She tried to smile.

"I meant...it's all in the past now. No need to bring it up. If you are apologizing for it then you are forgiven, your highness. If it's closure you want, I will give you one." I was shocked but before I could react, she said something more...that just hit me bullseye.

"I understand now...and you made it pretty clear last night that you've moved on and what we had before meant nothing at all to you. I am your "hired pretend-girlfriend" and that's all I will always be from now on. You didn't have to bring an entire plantation of pink roses to show you're sorry. I already forgave you...even after you left me alone in Mykonos. I am sorry too for hiding my true identity from you. I cared too much for you. I did it to protect you. But none of that will ever happen again, I can assure you that. I will do my part and obligations that are stipulated in the contract for the remaining months...after that, I'm gone...and you and your real girlfriend can come out in the open without ruining your image....just as the queen planned."

And...I just died a thousand times.

***Don't forget to vote, comment, add this to your reading list, share to your friends and follow me for more upcoming stories. I am grateful for your support, loveys! ~Aireen