Chapter 48

Harry arrived at the palace late at night. He is drunk and is being assisted by his bodyguard out of the car and towards his suite. He drowned himself in alcohol again because he was trying to ease the pain that he felt. Seeing Mona tripled his heartache. Mona's sobs haunt him and tortured his mind. The guard laid him on his bed carefully. He made sure that he's comfortable before leaving the room.

The following day, Harry woke up to a severe headache. He checked the time and it was almost noon already. He slowly got up and looked around the room before he realized that he's in his suite in the palace. He can't quite remember how he got home, he wasn't actually planning to come home last night. I must have been really drunk. He thought. He was about to get out of bed when he noticed a glass of orange juice and an aspirin on his bedside table. Beside it is a handwritten note.

Drink this to get rid of your hang-over. If you are planning to become alcoholic, at least make sure your body can handle it!

                                -Aura

Harry shook his head after reading the note. He can tell that his sister is mad at him too. He took the aspirin and drank the orange juice then he went to the bathroom to take a quick shower. He can already smell himself, he is still wearing the same clothes he wore yesterday.

He felt better after taking a shower. He changed to a casual shirt and faded jeans before going out of his suite and asked his guard about the whereabouts of his sister. When he found out that she is still home, he went straight to the dining room since it's already lunchtime, hoping to see Aura there. He plans to have a serious talk with her and straighten things out. He knows that Mona and her became really close and have already established a good relationship, that's why she is mad at him because of how he treated Mona lately.

When he arrived at the dining room, Aura is already sitting on her usual spot. He was relieved to see her and he felt a bit better.

"Hey sis! Miss me?"

"Not at all." She answered coldly.

"Awww come on! Not you too!"

"Why not? Isn't this what you want? You've been pushing us away lately."

"What?! I was just going through something, you know that!"

"Oh yeah. Of course! How can we be so selfish, right? You ran away, left your girlfriend in a place where she is not familiar with, where you brought her in the first place. She committed a lethal sin. A sin that left her convicted without a trial. Her so-loved boyfriend denied her rights to tell her side of the story. Yeah...she was so ruthless to make you go through what you're going through! But have you thought about what she's going through right now?!" Aura said angrily.

Harry's face turned so sad. Her words hit him hardcore. Suddenly a picture of Mona's sad face and teary eyes when he confronted her before he left her in Mykonos appeared in his mind. He recalled everything that happened that moment. He remembered how Mona just looked at him sadly, without saying anything nor attempting to defend herself. She asked him to let her explain at first but when he didn't let her, she didn't even try to argue with him. She just accepted all the hurtful words that he said to her. He felt ten times terrible thinking about it. When Aura noticed that he wasn't saying something back, she continued lecturing him.

"Do you even know why she had to hide her true identity? Did you know what happened to her and her family? She was trying to protect you...she was trying to protect all of us! But you know? She was gonna tell you everything there in Mykonos! You just didn't let her! Instead, you let our mother ruined what you had! Whatever happened to not letting anything or anyone come between you and her?! You let your pride ruined both your happiness! Ugh! I am furious with you!" Aura furiously said before leaving him in the room.

Harry realized what he did to Mona. He could imagine how much he hurt her. He didn't notice that his tears started falling. Oh God, what have I done? I must talk to her. He murmured. He was about to leave the room when the king and queen came in. They were arguing about something and stopped when they saw him. They were both surprised to see him. They didn't know he came home.

"Harry...when did you arrive?" The queen asked first without noticing the state he was in. The king noticed the sadness and the traces of tears in his eyes though.

"Are you alright son?" King Henry asked. His voice is full of sympathy.

"Hi mum...dad. Sorry, I have to go." Harry said in almost a whisper.

"What happened? Don't tell me it's that woman again?! I already told you who she is!" The queen said angrily.

"Not now, mum, please." Harry said sadly before leaving the room.

King Henry felt his son's pain. He looked at his wife angrily for not showing even a little sympathy. Since she told Harry about Mona's past, they had been arguing a lot. He didn't like it that she didn't let Mona tell Harry about it. They both knew how much this hurts Harry and he didn't see even a little sympathy from her. King Henry shook his head and left the room. He tried to catch up with Harry but he was gone already.

Harry took his Ferrari and drove really fast towards Mona's apartment. He had his bodyguard checked with one of Mona's guards if she's in the apartment. He didn't want to ask Donald or Hanna to check for him because he didn't want them to warn Mona that he is going to see her. His guard told him that Mona is at home resting because she is not feeling well that's why she had to cancel all her engagements today. This worries Harry so much. He left without his bodyguard. Hanna saw what happened. Surprised to see that Harry is back home and worried at the same time that he will go confront Mona again. The last time they spoke on the phone about the tabloid issue, he was so angry at Mona. Also, he left without his bodyguard, his safety is at risk. He told his bodyguard to follow him to ensure his safety.

Hanna called Chiqui to tell her that the prince might be heading to the apartment. She asked her to ensure that the maids aren't home and the guards are outside to make sure that noone will hear the confrontation. Chiqui was out attending one of Mona's meetings on her behalf. She called Monica and told her that she, and the rest of the maids are dismissed for the day.

Harry arrived at Mona's apartment in less than five minutes, that's how fast he drove. Before he got out of his car, he did a few deep breaths. He is so nervous and actually don't know how to start a conversation with Mona. He doesn't want to hurt her even more but he doesn't know where to start. You can do it. Get out of the car and go talk to her. His inner voice demanded.

***Don't forget to vote, comment, add this to your reading list, share to your friends and follow me for more upcoming stories. I am grateful for your support, loveys! ~Aireen