Chapter 43

When Mona got to her apartment from the airport, she looked lifeless. Dane was in the living room and was surprised to see her. She didn't expect her to be home too soon.

"Hey lovey! I thought you'd be there for a week? Where's Harry? Did he....uh did you say yes?" Dane asked excitedly before she noticed Mona's red and swolen eyes.

"Oh no! What happened?" She added before hugging her tight.

Mona didn't say anything but she started sobbing and her body was trembling. Dane don't know what to do. She just hugged her tight and tried comforting her by rubbing her back.

"Did you guys have a fight? Mona, please talk to me. Don't keep this to yourself. I know you don't like sharing your pain with me or anyone but I am here, we're family. You can talk to me." She said calmly, but Mona remained silent while sobbing and hugging her tight.

"I'm going to get some rest. I'm tired from the flight." Mona finally said and forced herself to stop sobbing.

"I'll go with you. I can lay with you so you'd feel better until you feel like telling me what's going on."

"No. I just want to be alone Dane. I'll be better when I wake up. Don't worry, okay?"

"Are you sure? You know you can talk to me."

"I know. It's just that I don't want to talk about it now. I'll see you in the morning."

"Okay...but if you change your mind, I'm just here."

Mona nodded before going to her room. As soon as she got inside her room, he saw images of Harry and the happy memories that they shared in the room. Her tears started falling again. She felt this undescribable pain in her heart. She couldn't understand how someone who claimed to love her so much could judge her that quick. Harry promised not to let anyone or anything come between them yet he didn't even give her a chance to explain. She lost all hopes and positivity. It's like "5 years ago" again, whe she lost her parents. The feeling of emptiness and loneliness is killing her. She cried and cried until she felt numb. She curled up in bed and just stared blankly on the window until it went dark.

"Mama, why can't we go out of the house when we want to? I really want to go to a normal school. I can't be studying in the house forever."

"It's to keep us safe darling. We are not safe outside the house."

"Why? Because of baba's job?"

"Yes. Your father is a very important man and a lot of bad people want to hurt him and his family. He's just protecting us."

"Can we at least go to the park? I really want to go to one. I've read about it on books and it seems really beautiful. Have you been to one mama?"

"Yes darling. And yes, parks are really beautiful."

"Really? Mama please...I really want to go. Please please please tell baba I want to go."

"Okay, I will ask him to let us go to the park but for now...you need to be a good girl and go to sleep."

"Yaaayyy! I love you mama...sooooo much!"

"I love you too my darling Mahin!"

"Is my beautiful Mahin still awake?"

"Baba!"

Mona woke up sweating so bad. Her dreams about her parents came back. These dreams stopped a couple of years after she met Dane and now it's back. Her breathing is out of control and she felt so thirsty. She looked around and all she saw was darkness. It's already evening. She fell asleep after crying her heart out. She switched on one of her bedside lamps and got out of bed. She checked the time before heading to the kitchen to have some water. It's just 10:oo o'clock in the evening. She thought it was already late.