Chapter 56

Mona's POV

Harry looked at me intently after what I said. His eyes are full of hurt and sadness. He didn't even try to hide it. I can even see the tears that are threatening to fall from his beautiful eyes. My heart ached. Was I so harsh? I just wanted him to stop whatever is he's planning to do. I know he is going to mess with my feelings again and I won't let him this time. I don't understand why he is being like this...after what he showed me last night. What was it all about and what's with all the roses? What is he really apologizing for?

Then it hit me. He just wanted closure so he can happily continue on moving on with Isabella. He just wants to put things in order and to let me know where my place is now. Then...what I just said to him was just proper, right? What is he looking so sad and hurt for? Wasn't it what he came for? I am pretty sure it was what he came for though! Or...are the tears are what they call as tears of joy 'coz I made it so easy for him? I just really don't want to deal with him anymore. I just want to finish the contract so Dane and I can finally get out of this hell!

My thoughts are everywhere...the dining room became so silent...and Harry is still staring at me with his sad eyes. Damn it! What a great start for my so-called moving on day! This man ruins everything! My temper is flaring...I swear if he won't still say anything, I'm going to put all this remaining pasta sauce on his face! Ugh!

"You're the one who have moved on already, Mona. You couldn't even wait for longer than a month to do it." Thank goodness, he finally spoke...but I don't get what he's talking about.

"What?!"

"I only came here today because of last night. I  thought I saw that you still have feelings for me after everything that happened. I thought of fighting for you because I still believe in us...but....what you just said...you're soooo wrong..."

"What exactly are you trying to say huh? What do you mean I've already moved on?" I asked in an irritating tone.

"Uhh guys...we're just going to be at the balcony...we'll let you two talk." I heard Dane said softly before leaving with Donald.

"What...? You want to talk? Start talking now...and make it clear.. 'coz I swear, I don't fucking understand the words that comes out from your mouth right now! Why are you really here Harry?!"

"I'm here because I want to make things right with you...I know I messed up."

"I don't believe you! How dare you! After last night?! After you left me in Mykonos without letting me explain?! After you disappeared on me for months?! After you ran to the arms of the woman that you knew I have been so jealous of?! The woman that your perfect mother wanted to be your wife?! After everything that you put me through?! Damn you! I hate you! I regret ever falling for you!"

"Mona...sweetheart...please...I know you're mad at me...but please let me make it up to you...."

"Shut up! I already gave you closure. You're free to be with her now. I know my place now so stop messing with my feelings. You've done enough already...please.....I am begging you."

Before I realized it, I was already a mess. I am crying like crazy. This is the first time that I ever let go of my anger and all the pain that I sucked in for the last couple of months. I couldn't hide it any longer. Harry pushed the right button to unleash them. Him saying that he wants to make things right felt like a punch on my face. I can't believe I begged him but I'm just so tired of all the pain. I want to have a fresh start and he is ruining it before it even started. I can't take it anymore.

"I'm so sorry. I'm really so sorry. If this is what you want...if seeing me only hurts you...then I will stay away...I will not bother you anymore. I'm so sorry for hurting you this much...I'm so sorry for letting you down...I'm so sorry for not keeping my promises...I'm so sorry Moonlight. I love you so damn much and I will always do..."

What he said made me look at him. What I saw was a different man. He is full of tears and when he realized that I am looking at him, he looked away and wiped away his tears. He started walking towards me and kisses my forehead.

"Goodbye my love." He whispered before he started walking towards the door. I was tongue-tied and frozen. My heart screamed to stop him yet my mind is saying the opposite.

What just happened? Why do I feel like I did something so terrible? Before I know it, I started sobbing and crying my heart out again. Great! It's not even 24 hours yet after I promised not to shead tears for him and I already broke it! Ohhh fuck my life!

Dane and Donald came rushing to me when they saw Harry left. When they saw the state that I'm in, Dane ran to me and hugged me tightly and Donald went to follow Harry.

"Everything's going to be alright lovey. Give it a little time. Trust me." She whispered to me. She's crying now too and I felt so guilty for it. I feel like I am making her miserable because of how messed up my life is. I need to gather myself and act like an adult. I am going to get through this. I know I will.

"Yeah...it will be. I just need time...and I will be okay." I whispered back.

"That's my girl." She answered before hugging me tighter. We stayed like that for several minutes before we went to my room and curled up in bed....silently. Things will be better tomorrow. My inner voice whispered.

What Harry said is still echoing in my head. I know it will haunt me for the rest of my life but I did not regret the things I said to him. He needed to hear it. Part of me is hoping that he won't stay away from me but wanting to free myself from him dominated that part. What we had started so wrong...that's why it ended this way. I need to forget about him and I am determined to do it. If only I can do something about that stupid contract! I badly need to get out of this place of a hell! I feel like a prisoner...worse than when I was growing up in Iran. The thought saddens me. It reminded me of how I lost my parents. I tried to brush off that thought and Harry's crying face appeared in my mind again...followed by what he said. Was he really sincere?

Even if he meant everything that he said, I'm still determined to move on and force myself to stop loving him. If he will really stay away from me...then good...because that's what I really need right now. I need to be away and free from him. Four more months Mona...just four more months and you're free.

***Don't forget to vote, comment, add this to your reading list, share to your friends and follow me for more upcoming stories. I am grateful for your support, loveys! ~Aireen